Penalty

KillieBison

2 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

He has started 38 games at my last count.

I was being nice by describing your point as "inaccurate"

But you also said above he had played 70 games... he's been involved in 142 matches, 101 of those he had game time and 65 of them were as a sub. 

So if we use those statistics, then I think I''m pretty accurate about him not starting many games considering he's now had over four years a professional footballer.

9 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

But you also said above he had played 70 games... he's been involved in 142 matches, 101 of those he had game time and 65 of them were as a sub. 

So if we use those statistics, then I think I''m pretty accurate about him not starting many games considering he's now had over four years a professional footballer.

So you agree that your original point about him not having many professional starts was incorrect?

101 games for a 21 year old is good going.

I thought it was harsh on Brophy, but Boyd takes the pens. 

I also liked: 

Burke telling Jones to get lost when it came to the corners,  

Dicker and Boyd having a go at JJ for shooting rather than passing when Boyd was clear, and 

Brophy telling Boyd to pick up his man when Boydy was looking a bit puffed out at a throw in.

21 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

I thought it was harsh on Brophy, but Boyd takes the pens. 

I also liked: 

Burke telling Jones to get lost when it came to the corners,  

Dicker and Boyd having a go at JJ for shooting rather than passing when Boyd was clear, and 

Brophy telling Boyd to pick up his man when Boydy was looking a bit puffed out at a throw in.

Totally agree with you KB is our penalty taker and it was good to see our senior players being totally professional and letting the younger ones know how they felt long may it continue!

2 hours ago, azertyuiop said:

He has started 38 games at my last count.

I was being nice by describing your point as "inaccurate"

Starting 38 (approx) games and 18 goals isn’t a bad return, (can you count subs appearances when he could have played anything between 2 and 45 mins) . Why he hasn’t been able to hold down a first team place with either Hamilton, or us at start of season I have no idea but felt he needed a run in the team and he’s been excellent last couple games and the goals are starting to come too.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

And what if the " the boy " had missed the penalty? All the good work undone. We're not a pub team. Boyd takes the penalties.

This!

I was disappointed he did not get his hat-trick along with everyone else. I voted for Brophy as MoTM. But:

We are a football team trying to climb the SPFL. Its goal difference we are focused on not getting some young boy a hat-trick. I had more confidence Boyd would score.

Nice to see our players fighting over the spot kick and not all trying to hide. I have seen that happen and it's not good.

36 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Starting 38 (approx) games and 18 goals isn’t a bad return, (can you count subs appearances when he could have played anything between 2 and 45 mins) . Why he hasn’t been able to hold down a first team place with either Hamilton, or us at start of season I have no idea but felt he needed a run in the team and he’s been excellent last couple games and the goals are starting to come too.

Talented player.

He had "agent" issues at Hamilton last year so hopefully that's all behind him. The last thing he needs at the moment is an agent making silly demands. Same for all the young boys with talent (Taylor, Jones)

Edited by azertyuiop

20 minutes ago, BlueKillie said:

Can't believe Clarke taken Brophy off the park, could have scored our 6th :14:

Just reading through and was about to mention this. I can agree about Boyd being penalty taker and about Clarke’s decision to sub both, but Boyd was breathing out his ass for at least 15 mins beforehand and I would have liked to see Brophy stay on to see how him and Erwin got on and perhaps maybe scored his own third.