Ross county

Killie_cammyu84

2 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

The forecast is pretty straight forward. Its to remain cold with a little light snow. I dont know what kind of facilities Ross Co have but surely they must know if they can havd a thawed pitch to play on by Tuesday or not. Im guessing they will.

Not just about the park though. If conditions are poor, asking away fans and a team to travel on the most dangerous road in Scotland on a Tuesday night would be farcical.

Aye the roads and railways on the day of the cup tie at caley a few years ago were chaos. Trains stopped at perth..........most of our bus had a snowball fight with the locals in kingussie on the way up. 

Good day out aside from the game!

I'd planned to go on tuesday but can't get time off..........suppose we'll do well to take 150. Hats off to all who are travelling

14 hours ago, red_dug said:

Aye the roads and railways on the day of the cup tie at caley a few years ago were chaos. Trains stopped at perth..........most of our bus had a snowball fight with the locals in kingussie on the way up. 

I'd planned to go on tuesday but can't get time off..........suppose we'll do well to take 150. Hats off to all who are travelling

Aye, we had a snow ball fight at Pitlochry!

The bus home that day was wild, van cut in right in front of us on the A9 and sprayed drivers window with snow. Bus nearly ended up in a ditch!

54 minutes ago, CardinalSpin said:

Shame about the scheduling, this is my favourite away game but no chance mid-week in December due to work. Only the SPFL could schedule the two furthest apart teams to play each other mid-week in December 

I'm sure I read somewhere it's scheduled like that so the attendances aren't affected as badly by it being a midweek game as tends to be smaller crowds anyway, whereas a midweek game could affect the crowds more if usually decent attendances. 

Still madness, but should be a good day/night out, as long as the bubble doesn't burst!

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, we had a snow ball fight at Pitlochry!

The bus home that day was wild, van cut in right in front of us on the A9 and sprayed drivers window with snow. Bus nearly ended up in a ditch!

That was mental. Never seen anything so stupid on the road. The driver got the biggest collection ive ever seen that day. 

18 hours ago, red_dug said:

Was that the one where Fernandez went down in the box but the ref didn't give a penalty as he couldn't see the lines due to the snow?!

Edited by Fankle

8 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Was that the one where Fernandez went down in the box but the ref didn't give a penalty as he couldn't see the lines due to the snow?!

Oh Inverness is full of snow.  it's full of snow, snow and more snow, oh Inverness is full of snow!

Killie fans demands for the orange ball were good fun too.

The cup game vs Calley Thistle was my one and only visit to The Tulloch Stadium and one of my few ever trips with the supporters bus.

My memory of the return trip is stopping in a freezing dark snowbound Avimore for 20 minutes outside an off licence, loading up for the thirsty journey south.

2 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Nah the Phil O'Donnell day was a train day to Inverness. Think it was Boozegate tho. Think we stopped in Weegie for a carry oot. 

We did Asda. O'Donnell day I was deffo on Burns Bus, and in Aviemore.

Edited by Andy