Midfield

Scouser2

What a dramatic change from earlier in the season and enduring the week by week different experimental partnerships tried by McCulloch and some players shifted from wide to central midfield and back even during games......which also didn't help some of our younger players at that time

All started by Paul McDonald bringing back Power from banishment , Taylor also did a decent job in that area.......now with qualities of Dicker back fit and the recruitment of Mulumbu ...still have likes of Wilson to return and players like Frizzell and Hawkshaw waiting for a chance to impress 

the quality in central midfield and options we have ..........look the best for many a season and I'm sure Clarke will find the best way to utilise them 

Spot on, what a difference Power and Dicker are making. Mulumbu, we possibly didn't need, but he looks like a touch of class... Very assured on his touch and distribution, so I'm sure we'll make good use of him for the duration of his contract. 

I think there will be a couple of midfielders released in January, to free up some wages. Hawkshaw could well be one of them. Maybe McKenzie too. It will depend on their contracts I guess, but I'd imagine SC will be looking to strengthen the defence (central defence, I see Greer as a bit slow and a weak point) and a goalscorer to replace Boyd. 

I'm not his biggest fan in any way but does Boyd need replaced? He is there to score goals and has as many league goals as the thumb and more than both Aberdeen strikers. I think him n Brophy should be allowed to develop a partnership. All strikers miss chances, he will always be there to score/ miss them and dare I say it, he might be losing weight.

all 3 midfielders seem better suited to play in more central roles so will be interesting to see how the team can adapt if playing all 3 in more "difficult" games ---

on Saturday Jones later on in first half was asked to play more wide left to stop full back pushing forward into the space left when Mulumbu wandered inside