Sevco Home Dec 23rd

Mojike and Bod

19 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Kilmarnock will sell rangers both ends producing 200k before a pie is purchased . Then you have television rights and higher home pay in punters . I am considering attending this game . Even at 26£ as I genuinely feel we could do the bosh . Hopefully a draw at very least . Club is going places cannot wait for Hamilton away . Should be selling our full allocation for that imo .

There is no extra money for the game specifically being on TV.

I know everyone has a right to do what they want with their time/money however from the above it suggests you are going to Hamilton and only considering going next Saturday? That would mean no money for us but money for Hamilton?

51 minutes ago, Neilly said:

understand it from a financial point of view but it must stop because more killie fans would come back to those games

Hasn't the club experimented with giving the OF (Celtic, probably) one stand and it was a big flop?

Edited by skygod

6 hours ago, Pelesboots said:

There is no extra money for the game specifically being on TV.

I know everyone has a right to do what they want with their time/money however from the above it suggests you are going to Hamilton and only considering going next Saturday? That would mean no money for us but money for Hamilton?

Why is there not money if it’s on tv ?

I will probably be at both , but certainly at Hamilton because I enjoy away games more .  Our home form has improved and I have attended most home games this season paying in . Only killie would you get someone digging at a fan looking at attending a game he usually wouldn’t have done . Hopefully see you there and Hamilton 

Edited by Souleycouley93

TV money for league matches is included in the commercial revenue which is distributed amongst clubs, based on their final league placing. 

This is why being selected for live coverage in a league match, especially one with a Sunday and/or lunchtime kick-off, is not a Good Thing for the club. 

Only in the cups are the clubs compensated for individual matches. 

8 hours ago, Neilly said:

I hate old firm games only because we give them both stands hate being over run at home by those 2  I understand it from a financial point of view but it must stop because more killie fans would come back to those games

I totally agree with this. Even if they sell out the second stand (which is very rare), it raises barely £100K, minus extra policing and stewarding costs. Of course, even that is a decent amount of money, but 300 or so extra Killie fans buying a season ticket would cover it. Home fans visiting 20 times a season are more important than away fans who visit once or twice: the club has to show that it recognises this.  If we got relegated (which is where we were heading a few weeks ago), there wouldn't be any OF games. 

2 hours ago, Dan1el said:

Bring on the zombies!

1st time since Kenny that I'll go to this game knowing we will show them no respect and treat it like any other game, they are absolutely for the taking, Ryan Jack who appears to be one of their better players is also suspended

I'd have liked Jack to be playing for two reasons. 

1) he's utterly crap,

2) he's an utter liability, likely to be sent off for the FIFTH time in 19 matches.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Don't think he is as he was back against St J.

He is suspended. It was one of the talking points on radio at weekend how they recalled him for one match before he serves another two game suspension. 

Something to do with him being over the points total now for all his bookings and sending off. 

14 hours ago, Neilly said:

I hate old firm games only because we give them both stands hate being over run at home by those 2  I understand it from a financial point of view but it must stop because more killie fans would come back to those games

Presumably this has always been the case though.  I'd imagine the bulk of the crowd in the days when we got 35,000 against Rangers were not Killie fans...

7 hours ago, KA9Killie said:

I totally agree with this. Even if they sell out the second stand (which is very rare), it raises barely £100K, minus extra policing and stewarding costs. Of course, even that is a decent amount of money, but 300 or so extra Killie fans buying a season ticket would cover it. Home fans visiting 20 times a season are more important than away fans who visit once or twice: the club has to show that it recognises this.  If we got relegated (which is where we were heading a few weeks ago), there wouldn't be any OF games. 

Yup. Big picture thinking required here. How many points (=pounds) has giving up our home advantage 4 times a season cost us?

We aren't giving up home advantage. We're not taking advantage of having home advantage. I really don't like the fact that Celtic and Rangers get allocated two stands but it is only Kilmarnock fans that can change this.

If we can fill the East and West, then from that point there can be a discussion on whether or not we can at least partly fill a third stand.

Until then, it would be madness to turn away entry money.

51 minutes ago, Caldow said:

Yup. Big picture thinking required here. How many points (=pounds) has giving up our home advantage 4 times a season cost us?

Feels like we've been giving up our home advantage 18 times a season recently.

We got a point off Rangers a few weeks back when the fans were outnumbered 40 to 1...

It's too late to do anything now, we've taken the money already...but we should target one of these home matches in the future though and at least try and fill the three stands with Killie fans.

Announce a plan months in advance.

Start selling tickets early.

Allow all family ST holders in at a heavily discounted price.

Go to the press and say we are giving Killie fans the opportunity to reclaim home advantage.

Sell the East and West Stands first and leave the Moffat until last.

Announce a cut off date at which point if we've not sold enough tickets then the club release them to the opposition (fill the top tier, then the bottom tier).

It really is a complete no lose situation for the club...they give our fans what we want and if we don't respond they can still shift the tickets to the great unwashed...and we don't hear anyone ever moaning about it again either way.

Our biggest problem is our reluctance to change, but if we don't try something then nothing ever will.

48 minutes ago, baz said:

It's too late to do anything now, we've taken the money already...but we should target one of these home matches in the future though and at least try and fill the three stands with Killie fans.

Announce a plan months in advance.

Start selling tickets early.

Allow all family ST holders in at a heavily discounted price.

Go to the press and say we are giving Killie fans the opportunity to reclaim home advantage.

Sell the East and West Stands first and leave the Moffat until last.

Announce a cut off date at which point if we've not sold enough tickets then the club release them to the opposition (fill the top tier, then the bottom tier).

It really is a complete no lose situation for the club...they give our fans what we want and if we don't respond they can still shift the tickets to the great unwashed...and we don't hear anyone ever moaning about it again either way.

Our biggest problem is our reluctance to change, but if we don't try something then nothing ever will.

I can't see us going from having 3-4,000 fans at those games to selling out the East, and Frank Beattie stands. You would be selling tickets on the basis that the away team would only get one stand, then after the people have bought tickets on that basis you could turn round and say actually they will get both stands because you haven't bought enough tickets.

This kind of thing is better to organise at the start of the season. Sell family tickets that can include Celtic and Sevco games for a supplement and with the provision that they would be seated in the Moffat for those games. Sell four or five game tickets that can include the above games so walk ups aren't paying £26. Maybe the best option is to do what we did when we had a decent home support and sell them a portion of the East Stand or Frank Beattie as well as the Chadwick, thus confining them to one end.