Who will be here next season?

Bullitt

I'm far more relaxed about this than I have been in recent seasons. As long as Clarke is here I feel anyone we lose will be suitably replaced.

KEEP

Jamie MacDonald Hasn't really let us down much. Not a great all rounder but one of the best shot stoppers in the league.

Gary Dicker Do everything in our power to keep him. Our best player last season and I'm quite sure will be one of our best players this season. In the shape he's in he's still young enough at 31 to have a few years left in him.

Greg Kiltie He's lost two years of his career. Still only 20, still has the potential to be very, very good. If you're looking to develop players who will attract a fee then you need to keep Kiltie.

Dean Hawkshaw Looked a player last season under Clark but hasn't come back from last years injury. Still only 20. I'd maybe give him one last season to get into the first team proper. Going to be a task to get in ahead of Dicker, Power, Mulumbu though.

Youssouf Mulumbu It's unlikely to happen but you need to at least try to keep him!

GO

Stuart Findlay Out of a deal at Christmas. I actually like him as a player, he's not the finished article but he has the makings of a good defender. I'd probably let him go back to Newcastle at Christmas and allow Taylor into the left back role but I'd keep an eye on him for when they inevitably release him.

Steven Smith Never fit, when he plays never match fit before he's injured again. Rarely really performed well for us. I'd be looking to cut him loose at Christmas if possible.

Gordon Greer On his day he's different class. The only reason I'd probably let him go is that he is partnering an also ageing Broadfoot and as good as they can be at times together I don't think it's a partnership that can go on for too long.

Rory McKenzie I feel bad about this, a good servant and a decent player. It looks like Clarke doesn't fancy him and if he's not going to feature I'd rather see him doing well for someone else.

Kris Boyd Performing well at the minute. I think he'll probably retire into media duties though.

Scott Boyd A good centre half. Not featuring though and I'd probably let him go. He might turn my view around in the coming games though.

Alex Samizadeh Very much dependent on his wage. He's only 19, he does have some promising attributes. If he's making money in line with other young player I'd keep, if he's on a first team wage then cut him loose.

Chris Burke Just turned 34. I love watching him on his game. He's the type of guy I wish we could have had here when he was 30. He's obviously going to continue to struggle to be fit. I wouldn't be against him being here next season but it would need to be on a low wage because you're not going to get many minutes out of him.

Brad Spencer Honestly. Who?

Edited by Fletch

KEEP

Jamie MacDonald

Stuart Findlay

Gary Dicker

Youssouf Mulumbu 

Kris Boyd 

Chris Burke

GO

Steven Smith - No value for money

Gordon Greer - Too old

Rory McKenzie - Ultimately not good enough

Scott Boyd - As above

Alex Samizadeh - Not good enough

Brad Spencer - ???

Greg Kiltie - Can't remember if he is good or not. Has been so long since he had a run in the team. Injury prone + Astro isn't a good mix

Dean Hawkshaw - Not good enough to break into the team

The number of shots from distance Mackenzie tries because he's run out of ideas is ridiculous. 

Shame to see him go if he does, as it would have been nice to see him coached on a level. Always capable of something good but let down regularly by his decision making. Hopefully finds a place for himself elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

Gone in January I heard, deal done already.

Surprised and a bit disappointed at that to be honest. Mckenzie one of those players that always gives his all. Being played in so many positions i think it has had an effect on his consistency. Suppose he can become a pro golfer or lawyer if he quits football ha

It'd be a shame to see Rory Good-Troon-Boy McKenzie go. But on balance, and taking the Good-Troon-Boy thing out the equation he probably hasn't done enough to cement a place. I think he really improved under Clarke in the few games but I also agree that his development hasn't fulfilled his early potential cos he was moved about so much. Thanks Rory for your service and commitment. 

Edited by fmcc
tie-po

6 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

What i was thinking

Aye, I'm sure they wanted him in the summer but he signed his extension. I'd be happy for him to go. He hasn't really kicked on and is very inconsistent but I think he could be a decent signing for a club with a wee change of scenery (similarly to O'Hara).

Were St Johnstone not interested in McKenzie when he signed his last contract with us. I wouldn’t be that sad to see him go. He’s one of those guys who will no doubt go somewhere else and exceed but I think he’s reaches his peak in terms of what he does for Killie. A change of scene will probably be very good for him. When he’s been good over the last couple of years he’s been very good but too many off performances. It’s not helped him being so versatile but he’s now in the utility player role here and like Mark O'Hara probably has to move somewhere so he can specify his preferred role in the team

It seems strange that rumours have been going round about an overhaul of the squad come January but the first names who are rumoured to be going are two that no one would have came up with straight away. 

I wonder how hard it will be to get rid of other that we would be more keen to see move on. 

16 minutes ago, c.r said:

Since the partick away game Rory has played his best football in years be strange to let him go unless he is keen on a move to get regular first team football 

Was mince against Aberdeen, didn't play against St.Johnstone, Partick, and Ross County. It is good that he is local, seems an intelligent bloke, but lacks aggression for me. Mulumbu went straight in against Partick and I was worried that he might hold back a bit after being out so long. Not a bit of it, went straight into some meaty challenges and won the ball. I'm not comparing Rory with Mulumbu in ability , just attitude. If Steve Clarke can't bring the best out of Rory then maybe it's time to let him go. He might benefit from a change of club too.