Super Ally Mitchell

Souleycouley93

Did Super Ally not come to the attention of the club during the infamous Davy MacKinnon hypothermia double header against East Fife. Was that not Tommy Burns debut up at Methil. Scenes that day when the ref abandoned the game with East Fife leading 2-1. We lost the rearranged fixture with Mitchell and Paul Hunter running the show for them. Anybody concur or have I just made this up?

He was the one and only super ally ( unlike the imposter from up the M77 ) and I loved watching him playing he gave a 100% for us I remember him scoring a goal against a*r delighted at the rugby road end cutting in from the right wing and planting a beauty into the top corner what a player!

41 minutes ago, Bbk said:

He was the one and only super ally ( unlike the imposter from up the M77 ) and I loved watching him playing he gave a 100% for us I remember him scoring a goal against a*r delighted at the rugby road end cutting in from the right wing and planting a beauty into the top corner what a player!

although I did enjoy the " there's only two super Allys" when Bully and McCoist played together for us.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Did Super Ally not come to the attention of the club during the infamous Davy MacKinnon hypothermia double header against East Fife. Was that not Tommy Burns debut up at Methil. Scenes that day when the ref abandoned the game with East Fife leading 2-1. We lost the rearranged fixture with Mitchell and Paul Hunter running the show for them. Anybody concur or have I just made this up?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/11977671.Double_for_skipper_Brown_sinks_Killie/

4 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

I was a fan of Willie Brown too, granted during the butcher's days and before  the revolution. Big clogging moustachy lump who mainly played for Forfar. Knocked the s**t out people and scored plenty. Luckily we had Willie Watters so no need to stoop this low.

I've got to say, @WWWWnnnnnn!, I like the sound of him! 

19 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Piece I wrote on “Bully” after recently researching our 90s Period in which I was too young to remember much of . 

Remember Him Killie fans 

Ally Mitchell a Kilmarnock F.C. Legend 

Born 1968 Kircaldy 

Ally started playing  with his local junior side Ballingry Rovers after playing 2 seasons he was snatched up by East Fife . Ally spent three seasons at the club playing 87 times contributing a respectable 23 goals from midfield . He spent 3 seasons (88-91)at the Fifers before attracting interest from the mighty Ayrshire Killie in the summer of 1991. 

Kilmarnock signed Ally Mitchell in July 91 . Paying 100,000£ to East Fife for his services .

Ally would be joining a team with future club legends Ray Montgomerie , Gus McPherson and Tommy Burns within the squad .  Ally made his first appearance for the Killie boys against Hamilton at Rugby Park in August 1991. This would be the first of a fantastic career at the club . 

Ally Scored his first goal for Kilmarnock away at Stirling Albion in October 1991 . Ally Mitchell became a fan favourite at the club due to his hard work and bustling performances. Ally Mitchell was given the nickname “Bully” by the Kilmarnock faithful . 
At only five foot seven he gave what he got and more . 

Ally was versatile and played in a few positions for Kilmarnock over the years . Predominantly an attacking midfielder or left sided player . Ally contributed to Kilmarnock F.C. promotion to Premier League in 92/93 finishing behind Raith Rovers . Ally was in good company with charismatic Tommy Burns and Shaun Mcskimming in midfield with him . 

Ally then played in premier league for next 11 years with Kilmarnock . Ally amassed a exceptional 363 appearances for the club. In that time Ally scored 45 goals . Creating many more . 

Myself having only been born in 1993 and never having seen us been out of the Premier league in my lifetime I can briefly remember an ageing Ally Mitchell as I started attending games not long after our Scottish Cup success which Ally was part of . 

My dad and papa think most Kilmarnock supporters took well to Ally in his decade and a bit at the club and enjoyed watching him play for us . A player when researching this I didn’t realise had played so many times with the club. Fantastic servant .

Ally Mitchell’s arguably most important goal of the 45 he scored in the stripes came at Ibrox on May 2nd 1998 . Ally scored in what was a very telling game as it would be a winner at Ibrox 1-0 for Killie . Which stopped Rangers clinching ten in a row . Also attempting to achieve Kilmarnock a European place for the following season . 

Ally spoke about this Goal saying :

“I still talk to people who tell me they can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when I scored. You don't realise how many people are affected by something like that. Celtic drew at Dunfermline the next day so our win effectively cost Rangers 10 in a row, which makes it easily the most important goal I've ever scored. The whole 10-in-a-row thing tended to overshadow the fact that we were also going for a place in Europe and we got that result for Kilmarnock Football Club, not Celtic or Rangers”

A dedicated professional only interested in one team his own . 

In November 1999 Ally Mitchell was given a testimonial match against Everton for a decades service at Kilmarnock . 

In his time at Kilmarnock he played 13 times in Europe against Kaiserslautern , Nice etc and was part of the last team to win now defunct Ayrshire Cup against the great unwashed . 

Super Ally Mitchell would call a halt to his career at our beloved club in 2003 under the guidance of Jim Jeffries at the time . Making a final appearance against Dundee Utd from bench .  

Ally went on to play with St Mirren a dozen times in an attempt to get game time before returning and finished his career at East Fife where it all began for Bully . 

After retiring Ally had a brief stint at managing 
Lochore Welfare a local junior club in Fife . This spell lasted a year before parting ways in 2008 . 

A Kilmarnock Legend a successful and honest player . Who travelled through some of the best moments of recent past with our club . 

A tribute to him from limited information I know and found out about him . 

Hopefully some of you who followed us in the 90’s can fill in some of the gaps for me with stories etc . 

We’ve got ...Ally Ally Ally Ally Mitchell .

58CEC393-ACA0-4F3C-8F68-D96B7DC5B2E1.jpeg

D5D7D1C2-6BD9-4FFC-BBCD-A25E704E0678.jpeg

When you said you had never seen us out of premier league , i instantly felt auld as f**k. My child hood was spent dreaming of us getting back to the “ big league”

22 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

I was a fan of Willie Brown too, granted during the butcher's days and before the revolution. Big clogging moustachy lump who mainly played for Forfar. Knocked the s**t out people and scored plenty.

He was a good player at that level. Would be booked or sent off if he played nowadays, yet IMO he was just a 'hard' player.

Work colleague rembered him having a nightmare for East Fife and a bloke giving him dogs  abuse. Woman turned around and days that's my f**cking son! 

Cam rember him losing ball on right side halfway way line and cheese chased the bloke all the way back to right back to win the ball back!

Probably 2nd favourite Killie player.  Only criticism seem to remember his corners weren't the best

33 minutes ago, Bmcp said:

When you said you had never seen us out of premier league , i instantly felt auld as f**k. My child hood was spent dreaming of us getting back to the “ big league”

Me too. Still remember the excitement that we were going to be able to buy a replica strip.

Still have one of the short lived 'Kissing the Squirrels' with a cover that says 'Now there's two super Allys!'

Ally Mitchell was the toughest, hard working wide man (not really a winger or central midfielder) that I've ever seen.

Sort of player that sets an example to rest of team and gets them all working.

That was a real hardworking team you could be proud to support and it was great they won the cup though I think Ally got about a minute as a sub at the end?

When I was at uni the uni football team drew Brechin in the Scottish Cup and I went along mainly to see Ally Mitchell. Got completely lost finding the park, arrived there just before half time and spoke to him as he was warming up. Was totally blown away that a Killie fan would be interested in what he was doing, a totally humble and cool guy. They absolutely hammered the uni team by the way and guess what? He ran the show when he came on.

1 hour ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Work colleague rembered him having a nightmare for East Fife and a bloke giving him dogs  abuse. Woman turned around and days that's my f**cking son! 

Cam rember him losing ball on right side halfway way line and cheese chased the bloke all the way back to right back to win the ball back!

Probably 2nd favourite Killie player.  Only criticism seem to remember his corners weren't the best

Remember what you said about him losing the ball, then chasing miles to win it back.

He almost scored direct from a corner. Dundee Utd subbed off Paul Gallacher who had been called up to the national team. The dodgy looking replacement flapped at the corner and only just kept it out!

2 hours ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Aye at that time we were bad. Forfar had him and Kenny Ward then Brewster. Meadowbank had the boy Logan and we couldn't afford to buy any of them. Battered us every game.

Alan Logan?  the guy that played for St Mirren?

I always hated when played Meadowbank - they were as boring as hell but we often found them hard to beat.  (The 8-1 game excepted, which I didn't go through to)

Edited by Pelesboots