Is Gordon Greer Steve Clarke's agent?

skygod

The trouble is that everything in the media about Scottish football gets related to or revolves around the twisted sisters!!

I know that they're huge clubs compared with the rest but I'm sick of it and after this post (other than rejoicing at our third home win in a row next week) I intend to give them as much or as little attention as I give any other team in the league other than Ayrshire's finest!

That reads to me as he's just "bigging-up" Clarke to be honest, saying he has the credentials to be at a bigger* club.

Saying that though, I'm not a great fan of GG. Yes, his signing did seem to shore-up our defence a bit. But, I think he's divisive and not great for the dressing room. The way he acted with Lee McCulloch in charge, the reports that he took-over the team talks at half-time and also undermined the tactics/instruction LM had given is a poor show, whether LM was out his depth or not. He seems like a bit of a Bertie big bollocks that's only to happy to open his mouth and give his opinion (as this column suggests - and also the other one at the start of the season slating his team-mates). Not absolutely sure why he thinks he has that place to be that way, playing for Blackburn is decent yeah, but it's no Barcelona or Milan (and he's no Pique or Maldini) so should maybe wind his neck in a bit at times.

I won't be overly sad to see him go in January, particularly if Scott Boyd can play (and build on) they way he played today.

*subjective and open to interpretation.

5 hours ago, MrTumnus said:

:(

It's bad enough when infirm bigots spout this pish. Ten times worse when Killie bigots spout it for them.

Behave yourself.

That was a pretty light-hearted way of saying Clarke is a Celtic fan (which he is) and in no way was bigoted/inflammatory.

You're just looking to be offended if you took anything else from that.

24 minutes ago, jesper said:

That reads to me as he's just "bigging-up" Clarke to be honest, saying he has the credentials to be at a bigger* club.

Saying that though, I'm not a great fan of GG. Yes, his signing did seem to shore-up our defence a bit. But, I think he's divisive and not great for the dressing room. The way he acted with Lee McCulloch in charge, the reports that he took-over the team talks at half-time and also undermined the tactics/instruction LM had given is a poor show, whether LM was out his depth or not. He seems like a bit of a Bertie big bollocks that's only to happy to open his mouth and give his opinion (as this column suggests - and also the other one at the start of the season slating his team-mates). Not absolutely sure why he thinks he has that place to be that way, playing for Blackburn is decent yeah, but it's no Barcelona or Milan (and he's no Pique or Maldini) so should maybe wind his neck in a bit at times.

I won't be overly sad to see him go in January, particularly if Scott Boyd can play (and build on) they way he played today.

You’re  an absolute belter. Have you just landed?

14 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

You’re  an absolute belter. Have you just landed?

Haha. Yeah, good response - well thought out and eloquently crafted. 

Do you have a blog I could subscribe to for more of such insightful word play?

Edit:

In case it wasn't clear, surely you could have pointed out where you disagree or just given any kind of counter argument, rather than just hit straight out with the big-gun name calling? 

Edited by jesper
Reason given

10 minutes ago, trenwick said:

I'm sure someone tokd me that Clarkes family support Killie... Anyway the talk will be of Tommy Wright getting job on back if this weeks result

I think you're right - I don't think he does though, perhaps just a soft-spot for us due to the family connection?!

I'm sure I've read on here that one brother used to play for us and the other (or both!) regularly attend/are season ticket holders at RP.

1 hour ago, jesper said:

LM was totally out of his depth, that much was obvious. Don't think GG should be criticised for trying to improve the mess. 

17 minutes ago, historyman said:

LM was totally out of his depth, that much was obvious. Don't think GG should be criticised for trying to improve the mess. 

This. I started the Give it Jig post but it became clear from an early stage that Lee wasn't a manager. That surprised me, however Lee  realised that himself and went with no fuss and that allowed us to bring Stevie and Alex in. Some things are meant to be.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I agree LM was out his depth and, lovely guy or not, he did the right and gracious thing by walking. But two things:

1) If a manager isn't performing, it's not for his staff to undermine him and tell the rest of the team how he thinks they should play. It's the job of the manager's superiors (the Board) to have that discussion - that's why there's a hierarchy. 

2) What good did "going public" like this: 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1544018/kilmarnock-gordon-greer-deserve-lose-motherwell/

do? Why slate your team-mates to the press? Nor was he club captain, so why did he feel it was his place to be so outspoken?

He strikes me as an outspoken troublemaker, and whilst he came in and provided a degree of solidity to our defence initially, I don't think we'll miss him if he leaves in January. Either through Scott Boyd stepping-up, or through Clarke using his contacts/influence to bring in a Mulumbu-type central defender that once-upon-a-time was out of our league to attract.

11 hours ago, jesper said:

Haha. Yeah, good response - well thought out and eloquently crafted. 

Do you have a blog I could subscribe to for more of such insightful word play?

Edit:

In case it wasn't clear, surely you could have pointed out where you disagree or just given any kind of counter argument, rather than just hit straight out with the big-gun name calling? 

Apologies for the immature response to your point. Sibling problems last night by the looks of it, which I will deal with this morning!! I’ll need to change my password. 

10 hours ago, jesper said:

I agree LM was out his depth and, lovely guy or not, he did the right and gracious thing by walking. But two things:

1) If a manager isn't performing, it's not for his staff to undermine him and tell the rest of the team how he thinks they should play. It's the job of the manager's superiors (the Board) to have that discussion - that's why there's a hierarchy. 

2) What good did "going public" like this: 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1544018/kilmarnock-gordon-greer-deserve-lose-motherwell/

do? Why slate your team-mates to the press? Nor was he club captain, so why did he feel it was his place to be so outspoken?

He strikes me as an outspoken troublemaker, and whilst he came in and provided a degree of solidity to our defence initially, I don't think we'll miss him if he leaves in January. Either through Scott Boyd stepping-up, or through Clarke using his contacts/influence to bring in a Mulumbu-type central defender that once-upon-a-time was out of our league to attract.

He was at Brighton for years and, I believe, was club captain for some of them. That doesn't strike me as someone who is an outspoken troublemaker. 

If your boss told you to do things that you believed were fundamentally wrong would you just do them or would you say something?

I don't know the ins and outs of the Killie dressing room but given the career he has had and the way he kept himself fit Greer appeared to be a very good professional. 

McCulloch, gracious or not as we don't know the terms of his departure, was not a good manager. What he was doing was not working and I don't think Greer should be criticised for realising that and trying to get a reaction from the players - a reaction that the manager certainly wasn't getting. 

I'd also like to think that come January Clarke will be able to find a better option than a 37 year old who commutes from the south coast of England. 

23 hours ago, jesper said:

off to portsmouth in january i hear