Jamie Macdonald

Ktid1869

I've been critical of Jamie McDonald in the past, not because I think he's a bad goalkeeper, but because I feel some of his decision making is poor and would have liked to have seen Cammy Bell get a game to see if we'd stop leaking goals.

His shot-stopping today though was, without question, the difference between the two teams. He does give me the jitters when he seems rooted to his line, and I feel he puts his defence under unnecessary pressure with that. But today, yep - three outstanding saves and definitely helped secure us the three points.

Credit to Scott Boyd too though, stepping in after a year or so in the wilderness and he had a pretty solid game - things are just looking up in general now though and it's great to see the team's confidence grow each week.

10 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Agreed. I’ve said in the past I’d prefer Bell but McDonald pretty much won us the game today. Different class.

He’s efficient and rarely spectacular, however today he was f**king tremendous.

Bite ma s**te Zorro.

Any Killie fan who has questioned Jamie MacDonald should surely have the decency to admit they are wrong after today's display and the main perpetrator knows who he is! Without a doubt his contribution to the three points today was crucial and as I have said many times we are lucky to have him and give him our full support while Steve Clarke (who knows a bit more than any of us) continues to play him before cammy bell. Also the same goes for all the Kris Boyd doubters as well he was terrific today  we are lucky to have him!!

Yes MacDonald has had the odd mistake in the past.....name me a keeper who hasn’t. Yes he’s not the greatest sometimes at cross balls,and commanding his area. However I’ve never understood the grief he gets from certain areas of our fan base. Yes Bell used to be a great keeper. However I haven’t a clue what he’s like now, and even if he was world class I wouldn’t replace MacDonald with him as MacDonald has done nothing to be dropped. MacDonald is our number 1 and rightly deserves to stay there until he makes mistakes in my opinion. Today he saved us again as he has done numerous times in the past and had at least 3 point blank saves. Hopefully he’ll continue with his great form for months/years to come.

2 hours ago, Bbk said:

Any Killie fan who has questioned Jamie MacDonald should surely have the decency to admit they are wrong after today's display and the main perpetrator knows who he is! Without a doubt his contribution to the three points today was crucial and as I have said many times we are lucky to have him and give him our full support while Steve Clarke (who knows a bit more than any of us) continues to play him before cammy bell. Also the same goes for all the Kris Boyd doubters as well he was terrific today  we are lucky to have him!!

Boyd's reverse-pass to Kiltie around the 80th minute today was a thing of absolute beauty. I don't know when he added passing/vision to his game but 9 times out of 10, if there's a defence splitting pass being made these days, it's coming from Boyd.

9 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

I agree he's been having a good season but watching the highlights back from today's game, I can't say any of his saves were "that" difficult.

Happy that he kept them out but I'd be disappointed if he never got to any of them.

On another day I might have agreed with you, but he had three very good saves today - particularly the one around the 70-odd minute mark. He got down low and fast and it won us the three points.

49 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

I agree he's been having a good season but watching the highlights back from today's game, I can't say any of his saves were "that" difficult.

Happy that he kept them out but I'd be disappointed if he never got to any of them.

Well that's your opinion after all but I think you may find you are in a group of three people who may share it but I'm sure the other 3000 odd other Killie fans who were at today's game might not!

57 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

The first point blank save was pure instinct, but he reacted quickly and made a magnificent save, certainly not run of the mill

Was gutted when Jamie was dropped for Woodman last year (Freddie did prove his worth!). Again I would be gutted if Jamie dropped for Bell as he has made the odd mistake but has had a lot of match winning performances and I really rate him so would stick by him

Edited by IMO
Auto correct a pain

8 hours ago, azertyuiop said:

You have to be joking. If that was goalkeeping in the English Premiership they would be raving on Tv how good their goalkeepers are. Credit where it’s due.