Jamie Macdonald

Ktid1869

15 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Perhaps you’d like to quote some of my posts, that support your claim?

Did he also say “....but wait until our opponents are back in their defensive formation, routinely slice your kicks so nobody cottons on to my cunning plan, and no matter what future managers might say, never deviate from this tactic”?

Aye mate, he did. Did you come home from work one day to find a goalkeeper upstairs with your wife???

You seem to dislike them all!

10 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Aye mate, he did. Did you come home from work one day to find a goalkeeper upstairs with your wife???

You seem to dislike them all!

Have you seen his wife? Good ball handler, but certainly no a keeper........

Ps just an attempt at humour Zorro.

Even the best keepers in the world have the odd howler. 

Macdonald may not have great distribution, but he is a fantastic shot stopper. If we had a keeper with fantastic distribution it would be unlikely he would be a great shot stopper otherwise they’d be playing at a higher level. 

Just now, Skora11 said:

Even the best keepers in the world have the odd howler. 

Macdonald may not have great distribution, but he is a fantastic shot stopper. If we had a keeper with fantastic distribution it would be unlikely he would be a great shot stopper otherwise they’d be playing at a higher level. 

You forgot to mention he’s crap at crosses too. A keeper at our level should be able to do at least two out of the three. 

The fact that we're making such a fuss over this one mistake shows it's uncharacteristic. MacDonald has won us a lot more points than he's cost us and doesn't become a duff keeper in a fortnight. He's always been rooted to his line for cross balls on the six yard line which scares the hell out of me but how many goalies can you say command their box nowadays. Just think Craig Gordon and Harry Kane for a real cross ball howler. He's playing for Killie for chrissake, of course he makes mistakes, just like if Jones had a final ball or looked up occasionally he wouldn't be playing for us either! No way MacDonald deserves to be dropped on the back of that. Bell is no less terrifying at crosses and as for distribution I reckon he's simply following instructions. Is anyone seriously suggesting they want Kirk Broadfoot and Scott Boyd to play out from the back?!!

Think part of the reason that MacDonald's position is so at risk is because we have another keeper who should be playing in SPL warming our bench, can't see the clamour being as high if we had a young lad or a lesser keeper threatening him.

It is a horrible position, one mistake gets totally blown up, whereas nothing gets said about Efe Ambrose having JJ in his pocket yesterday. It must be terrible for Jamie knowing any mistake he makes is so crucial, and yesterday it would turn out costing us two points, but then again, how many times has he pulled out top drawer saves to keep us in games. Strikers will miss sitters, wingers will fail to get past defenders and keepers will make blunders, just the poor keeper gets the most publicity for their mistakes.

Jamie has flapped a few times in recent games, was couple dodgy numbers against Rangers last week too, but really, there is no need to swap him..yet

How many goalkeepers in Scottish football are 100% perfect at crosses and how many times have we been frustrated at the quality of deliveries into the area from our own players(step forward JJ and take a bow) to put pressure on them.Yes his did their homework but its not a tactical masterclass from Neil Lennon just the art of basics. High time we as a team started to follow suit!

5 minutes ago, Ken T said:

The fact that we're making such a fuss over this one mistake shows it's uncharacteristic. MacDonald has won us a lot more points than he's cost us and doesn't become a duff keeper in a fortnight. He's always been rooted to his line for cross balls on the six yard line which scares the hell out of me but how many goalies can you say command their box nowadays. Just think Craig Gordon and Harry Kane for a real cross ball howler. He's playing for Killie for chrissake, of course he makes mistakes, just like if Jones had a final ball or looked up occasionally he wouldn't be playing for us either! No way MacDonald deserves to be dropped on the back of that. Bell is no less terrifying at crosses and as for distribution I reckon he's simply following instructions. Is anyone seriously suggesting they want Kirk Broadfoot and Scott Boyd to play out from the back?!!

It’s not one mistake. It’s two arguably three in his last two games. He had a howler in the first half vs Rangers only for O'Donnell to bail him out. God knows what he was doing at the one he went for one handed in the second half. We got lucky on both occasions last week yesterday we didn’t. It’s worrying this is showing itself now as the rest of the team is getting itself in order. 

I agree he shouldn’t be dropped solely for that mistake. The goalkeepers position should be fair game now though for any keeper at the club. No more he’s done nothing to deserve losing the jersey like we got last year. We have a three week break and whatever keeper performs best should be in for the cup game. If that’s MacDonald then so be it. 

In terms of distribution crap kicking is not in the instructions. The delay may well be at times but the quality of delivery is solely down to Jamie. He is poor kicking from hand especially. 

15 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

....we have another keeper who should be playing in SPL warming our bench...

18 May 2103: a 3-1 defeat at home to St Mirren on the last day of the season when Kenny Shiels fielded a very young team with the likes of Ashcroft, Davidson, Johnston, O'Hara, and Kiltie and Muirhead coming on as substitutes.

That was the last time Cammy Bell played in the Premiership....

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

I wasn’t at the game. Did he deal solely with 16 corners. None of his team mates got on the end of any of them. He came and punched or claimed the other 15 cleanly.

certainly not, was good few he flapped at or defence cleared, he wasn't a one man cross stopping machine

27 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Considering he had to deal with 16 corners yesterday one mistake hardly makes him a poor keeper. 

I'm not saying he's a poor keeper but he's definitely weak when it comes to cross balls from the byline. Andy Goram was also poor at cross balls so he stayed on his line and left them to his defenders.