SC is God

Mark Robertson

13 minutes ago, Mcilroy56 said:

From the Beattie I would have said that there were just over 2200 in the East, ie half full. You get a better perspective of the spaces but it certainly has increased by a couple of hundred I would say from the early part of the season.

I would say the FB has got busier than the East in recent times. I estimated around 1700 in the East giving around 2000 in the FB.

26 minutes ago, Mark Robertson said:

You being the biggest dick on the forums isn't that much of a conspiracy theory

Think this is very harsh. We have MJ gone, Clarke as manager, team on a great run, climbing the league and our crowds are still embarrassing just like the low take up for TIK.

I'd be interested to know when the last time was we took 10 points from 12. Simply outstanding form considering the position we were in when he came in. We have a long road to go but thing definitely look to be improving and he hasn't really had an opportunity to start reshaping the squad yet.

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

image.png.ee6eba517a3c3c4493c9e950e2862501.png

At least their are concerns on other sources.

Shut up you doom hungry idiot.

Positive steps are being made on and off the pitch. Results will slowly bring fans back. To me from sitting in the main stand the East Stand looked fairly busy today.

Honestly, try enjoying yourself for a few minutes.

16 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I would say the FB has got busier than the East in recent times. I estimated around 1700 in the East giving around 2000 in the FB.

Possibly due to the free tickets being given out to the schools and football clubs( that said where are they sitting? I am low down in stand so can’t see them). Does the East not hold over 4000? I would have said it was more than half full but I was too engrossed in the game to count :D

Although everyone wants a full Rugby Park, at least the fans that go week in week out are enjoying it. 

I don’t think Steve Clarke thought the crowds would double when he came, and i don’t think he really cares. He is here for sentimental reasons and if he leaves a lastin impact on the club I think he will be quite happy.

i also wouldn’t be surprised to see him invest in the club and be on the board when he decides to retire.

4 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Although everyone wants a full Rugby Park, at least the fans that go week in week out are enjoying it. 

I don’t think Steve Clarke thought the crowds would double when he came, and i don’t think he really cares. He is here for sentimental reasons and if he leaves a lastin impact on the club I think he will be quite happy.

i also wouldn’t be surprised to see him invest in the club and be on the board when he decides to retire.

I agree 100%!

Interesting that you think SC may invest in the club?Is this just a gut feeling or based on any conversations you have had?

However the big question remains- wud SC wear a wee KILLIE badge to show his support for the club ?

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Yes, and hammer it every week if I have to. Don't anyone be crying crocidle tears if we can't afford new signings or Stevie Clarke leaves in future having seen that we couldn't care less.

Clarke made a point of thanking the away fans at County on Tuesday. I'm sure he's not as stubborn, petty or egotistical as to walk away because home crowds didn't dramatically increase upon his arrival.

Steve Clarke was an inspirational piece of recruiting by the Club. Well done to the Killie Trust guys for doing all the groundwork on Steve's availability etc and recommending him to the Board. 

The turnaround in form and respect shown to Clarke by the players is clearly evident. I look forward to hopefully seeing other signings in the calibre of Mulumbu in the January transfer window and thereafter securing a top 6 league position.

20 minutes ago, MJout said:

Think this is very harsh. We have MJ gone, Clarke as manager, team on a great run, climbing the league and our crowds are still embarrassing just like the low take up for TIK.

Not harsh in the slightest, it is based more on his constant ability to try and turn a positive into a negative. See yesterdays post on the xmas presents for weans initiative for example. This thread was started as a slightly light hearted homage to our managers achievements so far, not as an indictment of low crowds, instead of trying to hijack any thread he can start his own about whatever negative s**te he wants to spout. We won today as we have won nearly every game this month, that is a big positive.

10 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

I agree 100%!

Interesting that you think SC may invest in the club?Is this just a gut feeling or based on any conversations you have had?

However the big question remains- wud SC wear a wee KILLIE badge to show his support for the club ?

A bit of both. He has an emotional attachment to the club, he definitely never came because he always dreamt of coaching Brad Spencer, and for that reason I don’t think he will leave us for any other team, no matter who. He was semi retired and decided to come to Killie when he actually didn’t need the hassle of being a manager again.

He can borrow one of mine, I wear two just so I don’t get branded as not a real fan.

1 minute ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

A bit of both. He has an emotional attachment to the club, he definitely never came because he always dreamt of coaching Brad Spencer, and for that reason I don’t think he will leave us for any other team, no matter who. He was semi retired and decided to come to Killie when he actually didn’t need the hassle of being a manager again.

He can borrow one of mine, I wear two just so I don’t get branded as not a real fan.

I really hope you are correct in believing he wont leave us for another club.If he were also to invest that would be a huge bonus and would show a real commitment.

I do still have a chuckle at the badge/colours debate especially when my 16 yo son came to the game today without even a wee badge. Having said that it does remind me that he hasn't arrived home yet after i told him he had to walk the 19 miles to Paisley as punishment!

I too am worried he’ll be off far earlier than any of us would want. But it all comes down to what his goals were when he took the job. If he fancied another big pay day, he’ll be off to a basket case championship where he can probably earn millions and be sacked within 18 months. If he’s after a relatively low pressure job where he can be worshipped, he might just rest content for the time being. 

Whichever the case, I will be forever grateful for what he’s done, even at this ridiculously short time period. He’s shown us we can be a real club, when, let’s face it a lot of us were starting to question even that

5 hours ago, Graeme S said:

On the crowd front it is possible to do a FOI request to the Police for exact numbers. I understand the club are obliged to notify the Police of the number of people inside the stadium. I recall a similar debate over crowds at Ibrokes a few years ago and the crowds reported in the press were significantly higher than the numbers actually attending.

Police always underestimate nos.

I think people are overplaying Clarke’s sentimental attachment for the club.

It was a surprise that we managed to attract him so it was to be expected that the media would grill him on why he took the job. 

He was quite open about his reasons:

- he didn't need to work but he was missing the game; 

- he knows this area and the club and he regards it as a challenge to improve its standing;

- there is a family connection and they “leaned on him” a little. 

But he also said he is ambitious and feels he has points to prove. 

He said he has signed a 2.5 year contract and he  hopes to be here for that length of time.  

Time will tell because, if he is successful, his resolve is going to be tested sooner rather than later.

Do you honestly think he would turn down a good job in England to see through his project at Killie? 

Another thing he said was that his home is in England which is where his immediate family is. I think that is where he will settle when he eventually retires so I think any idea of his investing and joining the board is fanciful. 

More immediately, he said he had a target in mind where he wanted the club to be at Xmas but wouldn’t say what it was. There was a thread about it at the time. 

Barring catastrophic failures against Rangers, Hamilton and Hibs, I think it’s safe to say that he will have achieved or exceeded his target. 

The top four places in the league look unachievable so I would expect him to be planning to have a right good go in the cup.

Of course, draws can be unpredictable but, if he can strengthen in January, I think he will see that as a realistic possibility this season. 

Edited by skygod