Pie stalls

KillieBison

Since I moved to the Main Stand the pie stall is the only thing I miss from the East. Any hunger is a write aff. You join a ridiculously long queue, if the pie stall is actually still open, only to endure the disappointment of hearing "No steak pies" "No scotch pies" etc On a good week, if you're lucky, you can occasionally get a chewy macaroni pie.

3 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Out of curiosity do most people have their lunch/pie between 3.45 and 4pm every day that’s it’s such an inconvenience and they get irate if they cannot buy a pie within that timeframe on a Saturday. 

Have your lunch before you go to the match and your dinner when you get home?

Not really the point, is it?

If the club is offering food, which people are paying for, they should be able to deliver it within a reasonable time frame.

Aside from anything else, the club will be losing money if people start skipping their half-time pie because of these issues.

To be clear I'm not blaming the staff, who are probably understaffed and on minimum wage.

Since things are better on the pitch, we definitely need somewhere else to focus our angst! I'll see your pie stalls and raise you the club shop.

Three of them on in there today, around 5 people in front of me, and I was stuck in the queue to get a ticket for the Rangers game for 20+ minutes today. Eventually they told us "if you stay here you're going to miss the start of the game" - so I wrote off the 20mins and went in to the match for kick-off. That, too, is a shambles!

Why is there a dedicated "ticket office" and they're still using the shop? And why is it taking so long to take our money? C'mon Elsie, get them sorted out in there!

24 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Here’s hoping. Then they will make it home for their 3.45 pie to keep them going until their dinner 

I normally agree with you Gaz but, unless you're intentionally baiting here, then I can't on this one!

If you're going to provide a service (and a very profitable one at that, if run efficiently) then you should be ensuring your customers get back to their seats in a reasonable time. It's not a big ask to get back to your seat within 15 minutes if you're only after a couple of pre-made/heated pies and bovrils - McD's/Greggs/BK serve many more, and much higher volumes, in a much lower timescale.

Since Brownings stopped working the Pie stall I’ve felt the quality of service has deteriorated. We spend far too long queueing even for simple orders.ive noticed it worse as the day goes on. E It’s not rocket science. Am I wrong in saying Brownings had staff from some of their own outlets running things on match days so they knew how to deal with custom. 

On the plus side how good is it that this is the biggest disappointment at a home match 

12 minutes ago, piffer said:

Since Brownings stopped working the Pie stall I’ve felt the quality of service has deteriorated. We spend far too long queueing even for simple orders.ive noticed it worse as the day goes on. E It’s not rocket science. Am I wrong in saying Brownings had staff from some of their own outlets running things on match days so they knew how to deal with custom. 

On the plus side how good is it that this is the biggest disappointment at a home match 

Exactly what I said! If pie-sales times is all we have to complain about these days...how we've grown! 

6 hours ago, KillieBison said:

Absolute shambles.

Went down to the one at Moffat end of east stand just after we scored today & didn't get back to my seat til 53mins. Pretty much same timescale last week too. 

One till at each window not enough & staff painfully slow. Needs sorted!

Ask your mum to feed you before you go to the game. Really? Missed 2/3 of a football match for a pie? 1st world problem.