Hamilton Away - Postponed, Frozen Pitch

Souleycouley93

9 minutes ago, legszo said:

For the rearranged fixture, why don't as many as possible head up to support the boys, but stand outside the ground and sing etc.  We'd make the point that tonight is absolutely unacceptable by starving them of the cash but the team would also hear us outside so would know that they are being supported.

What a s**te idea! Does anyone think that a team like Accies would starve themselves of cash on purpose, amateur set up which has cost them postponement but deliberate I don’t think so. Leave the conspiracy theories to the Old Firm.

49 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

Absolute shocker by the officials, I feel for the spoon burners (not).

I wouldn't say it was a shocker.  Yes it was over the line but it was hard to tell at full speed and it is only when you see the goal line camera that it is about an inch over the line.  There was a Hearts player directly in line with the linesman as well so he would have been making a guess if he gave a goal.

There is absolutely no way the groundstaff were working on that pitch throughout the day.  The first photos posted around 6pm showed it covered in snow ... Allan Preston was on the radio around 6:30 And there were still huge areas of snow on the park. The staff were running a tractor over it dropping salt ... what was the point of that after the game had been called off???

39 minutes ago, Stuart said:

What a s**te idea! Does anyone think that a team like Accies would starve themselves of cash on purpose, amateur set up which has cost them postponement but deliberate I don’t think so. Leave the conspiracy theories to the Old Firm.

Either it was incompetence or deliberate.  Either way unacceptable.  Accies would expect we would turn up in numbers for rearranged fixture.  They could offer to drastically reduce admission price for rearranged fixture.  

I rather like the idea of threatening to go to the ground but not pay to get in.  Accies would not like the idea of more noise oitside then in.

5 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Either it was incompetence or deliberate.  Either way unacceptable.  Accies would expect we would turn up in numbers for rearranged fixture.  They could offer to drastically reduce admission price for rearranged fixture.  

I rather like the idea of threatening to go to the ground but not pay to get in.  Accies would not like the idea of more noise oitside then in.

Great idea, stand outside that s**thole for 90 minutes, that’ll show them. 

Think I would rather go inside and shout on my team.

The groundsman had stated that the pitch was OK at midday, yet Hamilton requested an inspection at 17:00hrs, despite no snow falling in the interim period.

Hamilton have to give us a satisfactory explanation as to what happened.

Perhaps our SLO could liaise with them- 1,500 of us have been inconvenienced and we deserve some answers.

14 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

The groundsman had stated that the pitch was OK at midday, yet Hamilton requested an inspection at 17:00hrs, despite no snow falling in the interim period.

Hamilton have to give us a satisfactory explanation as to what happened.

Perhaps our SLO could liaise with them- 1,500 of us have been inconvenienced and we deserve some answers.

Spot on

2 hours ago, Dunoonkillie said:

5 of us left dunoon on the 5pm ferry,pulled into the mecca car park at 620pm only for my son to tell us the game was off. Absolutely shocking on Accies part and would not be surprised if this was intentional. Have sent them an email but will be very surprised if i get any response,mickey mouse club,hope they go down

Hamilton just twatted a pic of the directors and staff taking down some extra  advertising boards that were there for the Alba cameras. D15_20140227_00069_FNL-copy.jpg.6bb2356db0b73c9215e5872d7c1f325c.jpg

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Off course I do, but I know how poor you are at remembering facts. Just thought I’d help you out.

Aww, that might have been good if you hadn't made a spelling mistake in the first word. 

It’s all in the delivery. Don't you worry though, you keep working hard and you'll get it right eventually. We're all counting on you. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I agree, it seems hard to swallow that Hamilton would starve themselves of cash but the level of blundering incompetence needed to account for this clusterf**k really difficult to come to terms with. Their ground staff and club management would have to be little better than a handful of guys doing community service. And that's probably even a bit disrespectful to those doing community service.

3 hours ago, Graeme S said:

Perhaps a clever person(lawyerperhaps?) could create a template letter claiming our train,bus,petrol back from Accies. Would at least be an inconvenience to them and let them know how unhappy we are at the late call off. 

There’s a lawyer who had a lot to do with Killie who we might be able to call upon....oh wait sorry

ground staff arrive and start working at 7am with volunteers according to gstaff.

hamilton punter tweets game on ? Gstaff response clearing snow 12:34. 5 hrs and pitch still not cleared yet?

hamilton contact ref to carry out pitch inspection done at 5:10 according to ref. Gstaff confident pitch ok. Almost 5 hrs since pitch ok?

Ref another inspection at 6:15 pitch still covered in snow in areas according to onsite bbc pundits. Game called off.

Ref says pitch slippy in areas and player safety paramount. Correct call 4th official agreed. Then comments about earlier inspection he didn’t have a crystal ball to know if the weather would improve in an hour. What??? Sorry but 5 year old knows when it gets dark in winter it gets colder. Especially since it barely got above freezing all day.

players tweeting work only started 15 mins before pitch inspection? Someone’s lying?? Gstaff??

Martin canning says pitch slippy in some areas but better than when they played Ross County. So that’s ok then it’s the refs fault!!

Pictures just prior to kick off still areas covered in snow/frost. 

Gstaff gutted game off after official response. Aye you’ve just cost you club in the region of 50 grand cause you sat on yer fat Archie most of the day.

gstaff post clear pitch at 9:47 around which time the game would nearly if not finished? Why is it relevant.!!!!!!

:- Conspiracy NO

:- utter incompetence  by Hamilton YES most likely due to leaving it as late as possible  to clear pitch due to staff costs or lazy baskets.! 

:- incompetent Ref YES. Winter weather does not improve at night if it’s freezing all day in an hour. Call off the game at 5 and most fans and likely players would not start their journey.

:- Spfl response. Shoot happens! We will have a behind close door investigation and conclude “You are not one of the infirm so we don’t care. “