Boydie Predicts?

Sp3ckyh0td0g81

TBH he was asked a couple of very leading loaded question about Sevco and he filled in the blanks for them.  

His fellow pundits just dug a massive bear trap for him and he very obligingly walked right into it. He should be savy enough to see where questions like that are going and just steer the conversation in another direction. I am not expecting him to promote KFC in the meeja as it is clearly not what he does. Just avoid, in the days leading up to a game,  saying our manager is probably gagging for a chance to manage a big club like Sevco.

2 hours ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

I haven't seen the full article yet if anyone has a link to it feel free to share but reading through the BBC rumour mill and was greeted with this 

they'd be as well saying Boydie is touting Steve Clarke for the Sevco job 

IMG_4625.PNG

“I haven’t seen the full article” 

Your point is null and void. Boyd gave an answer to a question that even the most deluded Killie fan would have to agree with. 

Paraphrased “If Steve Clarke does well he will attract interest from bigger clubs, in which case he will leave as Killie are a small club and it would be hard for him to turn down.”

Does anyone disagree with that sentiment?

Edited by Bobby14

4 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

He's been asked a loaded question and has given exact same answer most on here have said - Clarke seems happy but if a big job with more money comes calling then yes, in theory, he might leave. That's the gist of what he's said. 

I'd have said I don't want to comment on my boss's job. That's the sensible thing to say but then again, it's Boyd we're talking about.

2 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Your point is null and void. Boyd gave an answer to a question that even the most diluted Killie fan would have to agree with. 

Paraphrased “If Steve Clarke does well he will attract interest from bigger clubs, in which case he will leave as Killie are a small club and it would be hard for him to turn down.”

Sensible answer would be "Steve's a great boss, I'm loving working with him and hopefully he does great things at Killie"

Would even the most deluded Boyd fanboys agree with that?

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sensible answer would be "Steve's a great boss, I'm loving working with him and hopefully he does great things at Killie"

Would even the most deluded Boyd fanboys agree with that?

You for real? There’s guys on here that look at everything thru blue tinted glasses n s**t their pants every time they read something they perceive to be negative, but the world is bigger than Killie. Boyd’s not wrong. Steve Clarke will be off if the right offer comes in. As would you be in your job

15 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

He's been asked a loaded question and has given exact same answer most on here have said - Clarke seems happy but if a big job with more money comes calling then yes, in theory, he might leave. That's the gist of what he's said. 

That is a fair synopsis of what I think. But I would have been wary of sharing my thoughts with the Meeja.

As much as Boyd draws criticism from Killie fans for some media comments, and rightly so in some cases, this isn't one of them, I think.

He's right, as much as we might not want to hear it. If Clark(e) does well with Killie, he'll be off to a bigger club. Swap Clark(e) with any other employee of this club and the statement still rings true.

We long for pundits and the like in the media to tell it like it is and not just come out with inane soundbites, then decry someone for actually doing it. We can't have our cake and eat it.

42 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

You for real? There’s guys on here that look at everything thru blue tinted glasses n s**t their pants every time they read something they perceive to be negative, but the world is bigger than Killie. Boyd’s not wrong. Steve Clarke will be off if the right offer comes in. As would you be in your job

I said originally he should have just said nothing.

I don't see what's wrong with that.

I don't think SC would take the Ibrox job if offered to him as 1) he would be their 2nd choice behind D McI of Aberdeen. 2) Killie is his pet project 3) he has stated that he will be going back south to where his family live 4) he went to the wrong  school.   I may be naive but these are my thoughts.

1 hour ago, Bobby14 said:

Your point is null and void. Boyd gave an answer to a question that even the most deluded Killie fan would have to agree with. 

What point exactly is null and void ? 

In my post you quoted what point is null and void ? 

as @Squirrelhumper pointed out there are other routes he could have taken 

but I'll ask you again what point in my original post is null and void ?