Naming rights

Trojan76

Would you sell naming rights for Rugby Park  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, if someone came along and offered a wedge for naming rights would you be OK with it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only for crazy money
    • Yes so long as not Billy Bowie arena (no harm to BB but not a great stadium name)

You could quite easily simply add the name of the company ahead of the stadium name.

BT murrayfield for example.

We could be QTS Rugby Park or similar. :ph34r:

All these name changes mean nothing to the fans of the clubs that support them. Folk still called it St James park when Sports direct got naming rights at Newcastle. King power stadium i still call Walkers stadium. Reebok Stadium instead of Macron stadium for bolton etc etc.

If we got offered a couple million to change the name then fine, it would always be rugby park anyway.

47 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

King power stadium i still call Walkers stadium. Reebok Stadium instead of Macron stadium for bolton etc etc.

A few including myself probably do this but bizarrely referring to another sponsor. 

Filbert Street was much cooler 

Edited by Isle of Wight Exile

52 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

You could quite easily simply add the name of the company ahead of the stadium name.

BT murrayfield for example.

We could be QTS Rugby Park or similar. :ph34r:

All these name changes mean nothing to the fans of the clubs that support them. Folk still called it St James park when Sports direct got naming rights at Newcastle. King power stadium i still call Walkers stadium. Reebok Stadium instead of Macron stadium for bolton etc etc.

If we got offered a couple million to change the name then fine, it would always be rugby park anyway.

Sort of justifies naming for a company when you can remember previous banded efforts rather than the original name

QTS Rugby Park wouldn't bother me, it is becoming the norn now for these kind of deals.

Tony Macaroni is the exception to this, that just sounds bonkers and i would be embarrassed, but, to be fair, it does make the point but getting punters talking about it and raise awareness of the company and what the advert is meant to do

Dumbarton pretty much change the name of their stadium every year and for them it's important revenue. 

As was said above, at our level I don't see what the attraction to sponsors is. 

If it got us a player or two I'd be all for it. Only daft fans like Sevco get all hung up about stuff like naming rights. But then again they went a step further and renamed the club. 

Edited by historyman