Rangers thread

skygod

3 hours ago, skygod said:

Just a thought but Mulumbu is a devout Muslim...

Not that he seems bothered but should we not have an alternative, non-alcoholic prize for teetotal MoMs?

Good decision anyway. BT Sport asking Mulumbu to hand the champers (ditto above) to Boyd was ironic.

DRwLXEVU8AAgCqU.jpg

Most players don't drink it now anyway, straight into the trophy cabinet. 

19 minutes ago, Darryl1869 said:

Most players don't drink it now anyway, straight into the trophy cabinet. 

I get that but I understand it is forbidden for Muslims to even accept a gift of alcohol.

It seems an insensitivity which could be avoided by a club wanting to be seen as inclusive.

Whether Killie fans may think Boyd's loyalty lies elsewhere, look at his reaction when he scores twice against them. Quality game, quality finishes, and a team unified and going forward into the top 6. Despite his flaws McCulloch had good  players but Clarke's influence made them even better. We were due this and whilst there are good times, there will be dips along the way but far fewer on Clarke's watch. Keep it going lads and let  our first goal be away from the dog fight  in the bottom. Manager the month so far.

37 minutes ago, skygod said:

I get that but I understand it is forbidden for Muslims to even accept a gift of alcohol.

It seems an insensitivity which could be avoided by a club wanting to be seen as inclusive.

Couldn’t care if he gave it to the bigots on the road out superb performance

2 hours ago, skygod said:

OK, I can see where you're coming from here. What would you suggest for a MotM prize?

Well the Stella in now finished and a period of reflection required before bed.

Highlights of the day.

A victory against one of the great unwashed after being down at half time( makes it even sweeter.

The Frank Beattie with 5 minutes to go seeing the infiltrators disappear and getting verbals from Killie fans. 

The ball boy at the East Stand looking to pass the ball to rankers player then deliberately missing. ( nearly wet ma self at that).

Willie Collum (the Bootle merchant) decisions not costing us the game.

The joyous faces on Killie supporters for the 3rd home game in a row( hopefully we get used to this feeling).

The sour faces of one half of the  ar£s cheek of the bigot brothers faces.

well done to the team and management team for making all the Shi:y days worthwhile with performances like today. Not singling anyone out as immense performance from all.

Finally i would like to wish all my fellow Killie fans  a very merry Xmas and a happy new year.

8 hours ago, skygod said:

Just a thought but Mulumbu is a devout Muslim...

Not that he seems bothered but should we not have an alternative, non-alcoholic prize for teetotal MoMs?

kGood decision anyway. BT Sport asking Mulumbu to hand the champers (ditto above) to Boyd was ironic.

DRwLXEVU8AAgCqU.jpg

If Mulumbu is a devout Muslim and not making an issue of it, why would anyone else?
Utterly baffled by your post :(

4 hours ago, Philo said:

If Mulumbu is a devout Muslim and not making an issue of it, why would anyone else?
Utterly baffled by your post :(

This.

I'm sure he doesn't need us to take offence on his behalf.

If whoever presented it didn't realise, I'm sure they will in the future.

Edited by ross1987

5 hours ago, KA9Killie said:

He has not yet (and probably never will) used up my goodwill for one brave decision he made on 18 March 2012.

They could have been down to 9 men, 10minutes into the second half if Collum had done his job properly. Tavernier being booked for second foul on Jones and John should have been booked for going into crowd (most are these days) and then picking up second for pull back which he did get. 

10 hours ago, skygod said:

Do other teams do this I wonder? (Genuine question)

I think if it was that big a deal the big man would have refused so not a huge issue. 

Loved that yesterday, like others can't quite believe how quickly we've turned it around with finally getting the right man for the club. Watched it back this morning and even though they tried to make it all about them with their managerial appointment giving stability pish, it was soon apparent to everyone that they are a complete shambles of a club and a piss poor side..