Eammon Brophy

Garnkirk20

Just watched the highlights from yesterday for about the 100th time. The contribution Brophy has made since he came in from nowhere and especially yesterday is worth a mention. The quality of the pass for the 1st goal. His desire to win the ball more than the Gers player led to the 2nd goal. Hitting the post unlucky not to score. His ability to hold the ball to allow players to link up from midfield and his work rate has been fantastic.

We have a real quality player here. 

1 hour ago, Garnkirk20 said:

Just watched the highlights from yesterday for about the 100th time. The contribution Brophy has made since he came in from nowhere and especially yesterday is worth a mention. The quality of the pass for the 1st goal. His desire to win the ball more than the Gers player led to the 2nd goal. Hitting the post unlucky not to score. His ability to hold the ball to allow players to link up from midfield and his work rate has been fantastic.

We have a real quality player here. 

He is definitely an exciting player to watch. Bursting with confidence since getting on the scoresheet. I'm sure we will see plenty more goals from him throughout the remainder of the season.  Biggest challenge is going to be keeping him if he keeps it up, we lost Josh and Sammon when they both hit form for one season.

1 hour ago, killieboy said:

Just shows you how poor a manager McCulloch really was or how good a manager Clarke is. Can turn an average at best player into one or top players 

With hindsight it looks as though Lee McCulloch had the ability to identify good players, Brophy, Power, Broadfoot but didnt have tha ability to coach them and bring the best out of them in a way that Steve Clarke does. He would probably make a good chief scout for some team.

I would have liked Lee to have been part of the backroom staff under Clarke. When you play second fiddle to Lee Clark and Gary Locke you aren't exactly learning from the best. 

I wish big Lee well. He's a top top bloke who got a job that to be honest most would struggle with. It has taken a top level coach to get us to this stage and I think Coyle, Hartley or McIntyre wouldn't have got close to replicating our current form.

7 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Was it no MCulloch that signed him?

Was it no MCulloch that signed him?

Yes, but he obviously wasn’t good enough to coach players or work tactically to get a performance out of some of these players. Brophy was nothing special at Hamilton and didn’t look like’d be any sort of player for us until Clarke arrived 

I'll give McCulloch the credit for having an eye for talent and the personalities to build a strong group, but he clearly out of his depth and under immense pressure to deliver when it came to the 90 minutes on match day and his decision making suffered as a result (see Power's banishment). 

There might a lesson about promoting an openly reluctant coach to the top job in there if our previous visitors were ever likely to pay attention to anything outside their own bubble.

So Brophy was s**te until Steve Clarke arrived? Getya. The last 20 odd years don't count, the past 2 months have turned him into a footballer. 95%rs.

I think an extended run of starts is the reason for the transformation in his form. He never really cemented a place in Accies team.

I also don't think you can discount how great it must be for him to be playing with a guy like Kris Boyd.

Training with him, getting little pointers and being talked through a game will all contribute... perhaps even more so than Clarke on the training ground.

Having never played up front I can't really say for sure if that is the case, but defensively I learned far more when I played alongside an older more experienced head when I was younger.

I was surprised when we signed a guy who couldn't get a regular game for Hamilton (was money involved?), but fair play to the guy, he has come in and done really well. Such a turnaround in confidence throughout the whole team is great to see, hopefully he gets on the scoresheet  2 or 3 times on Wednesday

Possibly the difference with Clarke. Is the players own attitude they maybe thought they knew it all but are prepared to listen and learn because of the standing he has as a coach and manager.Because of where and who he worked with. 

How many players do you know in your own areas who could have possibly made it but there attitude was wrong.

23 hours ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

With hindsight it looks as though Lee McCulloch had the ability to identify good players, Brophy, Power, Broadfoot but didnt have tha ability to coach them and bring the best out of them in a way that Steve Clarke does. He would probably make a good chief scout for some team.

That's if McCulloch selected them. He obviously knew Broadfoot Burke and Bell but maybe it was the scout (can't remember his name) that identified Power. That would be in line with a few of the signings he made for ICT and Hibs - identitying players in lower or non league in England.