JJ

piffer

9 hours ago, piffer said:

£400k is the going rate for players with better stats than JJ. Think Well got about that for Marvin Johnson we got a bit less for Magennis. Jones has potential but he’s not 18 anymore. People who were talking about over a million a month or two ago were getting too far ahead of themselves

spot on

If jj goes I will be sad he is not the finished article but he is someone you like to get the ball to he can beat his man all day long but his final ball let’s him done a lot of the time I feel under Steve Clarke he would become the finished article I would wish him all the best if he leaves 

On 25/12/2017 at 5:42 AM, KennyH80 said:

Spoke to JJ in Glasgow after the game on Saturday. He said to my Sevco supporting may he expects to join them in January. 

It now seems gospel that he’s off on th back of this statement and SH’s reliable source.

I have no reason not to believe the above conversation and don’t know KennyH80 but find a player freely dishing out info to strangers odd (again, not saying it didn’t happen). Absolutely everything and anything has a spin to it these days and when things come out in the wash nobody is left “technically” lying. SC said we had one approach for a player and it “Wasnt for who you think”. I know what I think he means but who knows?

Maybe the Kremlin hacked SH’s account and KennyH80 is a mole?

Maybe JJ isn’t going to Ibrox?

On 26/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, Caldow said:

It now seems gospel that he’s off on th back of this statement and SH’s reliable source.

I have no reason not to believe the above conversation and don’t know KennyH80 but find a player freely dishing out info to strangers odd (again, not saying it didn’t happen). Absolutely everything and anything has a spin to it these days and when things come out in the wash nobody is left “technically” lying. SC said we had one approach for a player and it “Wasnt for who you think”. I know what I think he means but who knows?

Maybe the Kremlin hacked SH’s account and KennyH80 is a mole?

Maybe JJ isn’t going to Ibrox?

I remember a work colleague telling me he had met Darren Dodds,who he had played youth football with, outside the barbers one day and asked if he was staying on at Hibs for another season.Oh yes he says getting haircut for the pre season photos later.

Dodds signed for St Johnstone that day!

JJ is hardly likely to say to a Sevco fan "i'm not joining that pile of s**te" is he? I understand the players media/social training advises them to be complimentary to the teams of any opposition fan you happen to meet especially if alcohol is involved.

1 hour ago, Graeme S said:

I remember a work colleague telling me he had met Darren Dodds,who he had played youth football with, outside the barbers one day and asked if he was staying on at Hibs for another season.Oh yes he says getting haircut for the pre season photos later.

Dodds signed for St Johnstone that day!

JJ is hardly likely to say to a Sevco fan "i'm not joining that pile of s**te" is he? I understand the players media/social training advises them to be complimentary to the teams of any opposition fan you happen to meet especially if alcohol is involved.

What a great story

Strangely I wouldnt lose much sleep over him leaving, he has all the attributes but is a frustrating player to watch and his final ball is terrible.

He will improve however and probably more with Clarke in charge but money talks and if an english champ team comes in cant fault him for the move. Get Kiltie fit and playing and the loss of Jones will be minimal.

If money was no issue his career will improve much more  under Clarke, than say working under Murty or an english champ manager who will likely be sacked in a few months

14 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Strangely I wouldnt lose much sleep over him leaving, he has all the attributes but is a frustrating player to watch and his final ball is terrible.

He will improve however and probably more with Clarke in charge but money talks and if an english champ team comes in cant fault him for the move. Get Kiltie fit and playing and the loss of Jones will be minimal.

If money was no issue his career will improve much more  under Clarke, than say working under Murty or an english champ manager who will likely be sacked in a few months

Totally agree with this. Love watching JJ but he’s still not the finished article. Hope if he leaves that he goes down south though and not to  Sevco he’s not going to improve in that environment I wouldn’t think.

Good with the ball at his feet and gets the crowd going as with his runs but his movement off the ball can be lazy, his decision making is erratic and more often than not his final ball is not that good.

Would like him to stay but he is replaceable ... as are most of our squad.