JJ

piffer

10 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Monkeys and typewriters and all that

That's a tad unfair.  If we were to sign 15 players a year and get £1m of sales revenue from them once annually, while scraping by in the league, I would have to consider that a successful business model.

Not great for the fans, I grant you, but within a couple of years, the books would be balanced and would secure the club's financial position for years to come.

13 minutes ago, Broomy1990 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/norwich-jump-ahead-rangers-race-11810200 

Norwich favourites but gers willing to offer Lee hodson

That's deluded even for them! What an odd transfer quango. 

Jones from Killie to Rangers or Norwich

Naismith from Norwich to Killie or Rangers

With Hodson also involved. 

How much is JJ worth to Killie ? If we fail to get in the top 6 and go out of the cup in the early rounds because we have sold one of our best players.I would think that could right off any transfer fee we get .To think that some on here where happy to take £500k or a player not getting a game with one of our rivals .Hope the board and management don't think like that 

How much has he brought to the team recently. He’s an out ball and a danger but others are the ones doing the damage. Honestly when was the last time you came away from a game saying that was all about JJ. I haven’t for months. 

What makes him one of his best players. He’s exciting to watch but he’s not scoring or creating chances for others. As I said before IMO Boyd, Brophy, Mulumbu, Power, Dicker, O'Donnell and Broadfoot are all offering so much more to the team than JJ is.

Some people are panicked about losing him but the reality is his contribution is nothing near that of Magennis or Coulibaly who people were happy to take the cash for. 

Edited by piffer

Why should we (if the story is true) be happy with ONLY getting £1m for JJ, just because he plays for a team in Scotland shouldn't mean we accept ( in football terms ) peanuts. If he goes to Norwich I would be wanting to get Naisy AND at least £1.5m. Thats whats wrong with Scottish football mentality "English football is better so we should only accept a fraction of what a player would go for in the EPL" it's about time a Scottish club stood up to these clubs in England and demanded a FAIR price for a decent player.

I'm also disapointed with how when a player is linked with a move he all of a sudden is pish according to views of some on this forum. The lad is a standout player in this league, yes he's had a couple of bad games but he still excites me when he gets the ball and runs at defenders and thats what reaction a player should be giving the fans.

So no more talk of £1m is a good deal. If they want him then they should be made to pay handsomely, if they don't want to pay then all the better for Killie as workin with SSC he will only get better and more valuable later on.

WE ARE KILLIE!!!

KTID

:hurrah::hurrah:

Edited by Bigbill
Spelling

49 minutes ago, piffer said:

I very much doubt he would but if Clarke felt Hodson was what’s best for Killie and chose him over Naisy would there be outrage or would his decision be respected

Decision definitely respected. Steve Clarke knows waaaayyyy more about the game than me. I don’t think it’ll come to that though. 

27 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

Why should we (if the story is true) be happy with ONLY getting £1m for JJ, just because he plays for a team in Scotland shouldn't mean we accept ( in football terms ) peanuts. If he goes to Norwich I would be wanting to get Naisy AND at least £1.5m. Thats whats wrong with Scottish football mentality "English football is better so we should only accept a fraction of what a player would go for in the EPL" it's about time a Scottish club stood up to these clubs in England and demanded a FAIR price for a decent player.

I'm also disapointed with how when a player is linked with a move he all of a sudden is pish according to views of some on this forum. The lad is a standout player in this league, yes he's had a couple of bad games but he still excites me when he gets the ball and runs at defenders and thats what reaction a player should be giving the fans.

So no more talk of £1m is a good deal. If they want him then they should be made to pay handsomely, if they don't want to pay then all the better for Killie as workin with SSC he will only get better and more valuable later on.

WE ARE KILLIE!!!

KTID

The best Scottish players go down south and mostly return a few years later much diminished in reputation. Naismith bucked that trend , limited player but fantastic attitude and fit as a fiddle . Really hope he doesn’t go back to the Huns , he could do us a great turn and it would be a fitting end to a great career . JJ is exciting because he’s quick but if someone offers us half a mill we should bite their hand off . 

32 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

WE ARE KILLIE!!!

KTID

No ones saying his pish it’s being realistic. 

In terms of the fee. Hayes is a better player and went for £1million. Different circumstance with contract but Walker is going for less than half a million. Magennis scores more and created more went for less than half a million. Marvin Johnson tore the league apart just before he was sold for less than half a million. If we get £1million for JJ it’s a f**king fantastic deal. 

Say we play your game and end up screwed. We’ve either got a pissed off player who didn’t get his move and is unhappy for the rest of the season not performing or we lose him last minute and can’t replace. Steve Clarke will know the players value and that’s what we will get