Personal Dream Teams

McDicken'sLeftPeg

2 hours ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

I know, I know...

Eremenko is possibly the most gifted individual I've seen play at RP but I can't get over the exaggerated attempts to get free kicks - nah, sod it, let's call it what it is - diving and cheating. It sticks in my craw, sorry.

Well Broadfoot won't be getting in your team either then!

GK - Bobby Geddes

RB - McPherson

CB - Dindeluex

CB - Monty

LB - Tom Black

RM - Ally Mitchell

CM - Durrant

CM - Burns

LM - James Dayton

CF - Tom Brown

Striker - George McCluskey

A lot of the team comes from when I first started watching Killie in the last season we played before moving on up to the premier league.

Tom Brown could leap like a Salmon won so many headers he was not entitled too. Dayton goes in as I liked him and he fits into the left side of a 442 formation and noone else was coming from to mind.

3 hours ago, Blackislekillie said:

McCulloch, McLean, Robertson, McDicken, Clarke, Cowboy, Eremenko, Provan, Morrison, Boyd, Fleming. 

The classic Killie back four. Strange to think that the brother of one of them is now almost single handedly saving the club while the son of another one has done his best to screw us over at every opportunity.  

Marshall,

O'Donnell, McGowne, Dindeleux, Taylor

Holt, Burns, Skilling,

Naismith, Eremenko 

Boyd.

Subs: Lekovic, Monty, Durrant, Bryson, Mitchell, Cocard and Wright.

Apologies to MacPherson, Reilly, Black, Mitchell, Taouli and Hay.

----------------------McCulloch---------------------------

-MacPherson---Big D----Freddie----Robertson----

--McLaren------Burns---Durrant------Eremenko-----

----------------Boyd------Naismith-------------------------

If he keeps us the form so far..Mulumbu for Eremenko. Holt was difficult to leave out of the midfield as well.

Edited by Jedi2

Evening all – so I’m covering what I’ve witnessed since 1971.

McCulloch

Montgomerie Millen McDicken Robertson (captain)

Provan  McCulloch Durrant Burns

I.Gibson Boyd

Have seen every goalie since Ally Hunter but for me Alan McCulloch was the best. Not only a brilliant shot stopper but commanded the box as well, a lost art these days.

Monty – put him in his original position as right back to accommodate others in central defence. He was virtually a one-man defence when he first joined us.

Andy Millen – very classy and rock solid defender, for me he improved our defence big style when he signed.

Big D – loved watching him. Hardest player I’ve seen play for us. Remember him and Jim Duffy, no shrinking violet himself, squaring up to each other at Cappielow one night after a typical thundering challenge. A toothless grin soon diffused the situation.  Nobody of my vintage will forget his winner which knocked Celtic out the cup.

Robertson – Mr Kilmarnock, a proper captain.

Provan – tremendous on the wing, could beat people at will and his delivery was fantastic (before McLean07 gives me pelters Tommy McLean departed just before I started going)

Cowboy McCulloch – what a player. Absolutely mental. Mesmerising runs, sendings off (there was a particularly good headbutt v Dennis D’Arcy, 7ft something Montrose man mountain), goals out of nothing. I used to go to watch the training Tuesday and Thursday evenings and act as a ballboy, one night he had 2 fags in his mouth! Legend. Still a folk hero at Notts County.

Durrant – sheer class. Gets my vote over Eremenko as more of a team player.

TB – what can I say. Single handedly transformed this club.

Ian Gibson – wildcard pick ahead of Wright and Naismith. We got him from Aberdeen as he had injury problems but in the 79/80 season he was just outstanding, clever clever player and brilliant foil for Bourke.

Boyd – cannie leave out the goal machine.

Maybe lacking a bit of defensive cover in midfield, in which case would turn to Mark Skilling.

Bobby Geddes

Gus McPherson - Paul Clarke - Derrick McDicken - Ray Montgomerie - Tom Black

Gary Holt - Mark Reilly - Tommy Burns

Tom Brown - Kris Boyd

Based purely on personal preference and admiration. I've no idea of tactics, setup or balance.
Three centre-backs but I seem to remember Big D having a couple of seasons as a silky midfielder/enforcer ;)
From the good times and the not so good times.
Started watching Killie in the late Sixties but this lot have provided my best memories.

Stuck to eleven, if not the list would be a mile long!