Steven Naismith

Bad company

Scotland forward Steven Naismith is likely to leave Norwich City on loan in January, BBC Scotland has learned.

Naismith, 31, has not featured in the Canaries first team since August.

Two English clubs have agreed to pay the £10,000 a week of Naismith's salary that Norwich are demanding for the player to be loaned out.

However, the choice of where the player ends up for the rest of the season will be down to Naismith, who has 45 international caps.

After spells at Kilmarnock and Rangers, Naismith moved to Everton in 2012 and Norwich three-and-a-half years later.

The player indicated last month that a return to Rangers would be of interest.

With more than 423 club appearances to his name, Naismith has scored 109 senior goals, including seven at international level.

(BBC Scotland)

If true he could well end up somewhere else in England on loan. Looks like Norwich aren't bowing to the pressure and allowing him to play for Sevco while picking up all his wages just so they can be associated with such a wonderful and successful institution. They really don't know down there how these things are supposed to work.

I don’t get the animosity towards SN should he go to sevco. His renowned altruism towards local charitable causes should excuse him from negative comments IMO . Playing for your boy hood heroes , no matter the team , is something everybody on this site would give there right baw sack for 

IF true then that is too expensive for a club like ours even if a part of the payment is met by "outside sources"  ...and if the player is not going to then sign a permanent deal as and when he is freed

I am sure SC could use that wage money better on a few other loan deals or even a permanent signing or 2 

Edited by Scouser2

16 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

If it's £10,000 a week to take him on loan, that's got to be four or five times what we can afford.

Shirley a sponsor isn't going to be paying 75% plus of his wages?

As I said above, and as hinted at in the BBC article, he can't be forced to go somewhere against his will.

If, say, Leeds Utd are offering £10k a week and Killie £4k and he insists that he only wants to play in Scotland, Norwich have to decide whether they want to have him stay and pay his full wages, or to get him out the door for a small contribution.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

As I said above, and as hinted at in the BBC article, he can't be forced to go somewhere against his will.

If, say, Leeds Utd are offering £10k a week and Killie £4k and he insists that he only wants to play in Scotland, Norwich have to decide whether they want to have him stay and pay his full wages, or to get him out the door for a small contribution.

Correct. 

37 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

I don’t get the animosity towards SN should he go to sevco. His renowned altruism towards local charitable causes should excuse him from negative comments IMO . Playing for your boy hood heroes , no matter the team , is something everybody on this site would give there right baw sack for 

Exactly. 

The Sevco fans who are anti Naismith are the knuckle draggers who didn't like the truth he spoke.

The more educated amongst them realise he would be a good signing  

44 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

If it's £10,000 a week to take him on loan, that's got to be four or five times what we can afford.

Shirley a sponsor isn't going to be paying 75% plus of his wages?

I'm sure the Naismith money will be funded from a one off investment by someone rather than coming out of the wage budget, the same way as the Mulumbu deal is by Billy Bowie. If someone decides to put in £170k to fund it that's very much up to them. Alan McLeish has said online that Norwich are looking for £10k a week, I'd guess that's where the media are getting the figure from. The fact that he's said that would pretty much confirm an approach has been made by Kilmarnock, it would also suggest that it's probably going to be at least partially QTS funded - that's if it happens at all.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I'm sure the Naismith money will be funded from a one off investment by someone rather than coming out of the wage budget, the same way as the Mulumbu deal is by Billy Bowie. If someone decides to put in £170k to fund it that's very much up to them. Alan McLeish has said online that Norwich are looking for £10k a week, I'd guess that's where the media are getting the figure from. The fact that he's said that would pretty much confirm an approach has been made by Kilmarnock, it would also suggest that it's probably going to be at least partially QTS funded - that's if it happens at all.

Where's AM talking about it?

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Bowie is funding Mulumbu?

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

He's at least partially subsidising it is my understanding. That's not concrete, only what I've heard. I did hear he plowed a lot of money into the deal though.

If he is funding deals for us, I think every Killie fan has an obligation to have more fibre in their diet and keep his business turning a profit.

Edited by Bullitt
Changed turding a profit to turning...

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

You have multiple bawsacks?  s**t.  Is that the norm?  Think I best make an appointment at the GP.

Just now, Souleycouley93 said:

On loan jones bridging gap plus money from Norwich . Only way I can see is getting him atm . 

See to be fair, the longer its gone on the less interested I'm becoming. We have a manager in Clarke who's more than capable of using his connections to get us someone from a top club on loan, or as demonstrated with Mulumbu, someone who worked with him before that will play for vastly reduced wages.

The days of Locke and Johnston are in the past. No 13 players signed and paraded in one day either. A bit of stability it feels like.

Would Clarke really even be looking at Naisy? Was the idea put in his head because of the connection he has with the club?

There is seemingly two Manchester United players we have been sniffing about to take on loan from their academy. I think our business will likely come from that.