Steven Naismith

Bad company

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

For all of the disgusting things they represent and have perpetuated in Scottish football, you surely aren’t advocating the footballing authorities moving in and stopping them conducting business during the transfer window because some people start rumours about the state of their finances. If the chatter is unfounded where does that leave the credibility of the SFA, SPFL? 

Lets just wait and see what comes out in the wash, and it’s up to the players and their representatives to do their own due diligence before taking the blue shilling (assuming it’s paid on time :D).

The SFA and SPFL have credibility? 

10 hours ago, Robert said:

Any word on Naisy. Or are we just going to talk about the admin junkies 

Rangers don't want him as its not a position they require filling.

He is not wanting to come to Killie as he does want to play every other game on plastic.

Well that's what i'v heard 

13 hours ago, casual observer said:

For all of the disgusting things they represent and have perpetuated in Scottish football, you surely aren’t advocating the footballing authorities moving in and stopping them conducting business during the transfer window because some people start rumours about the state of their finances. If the chatter is unfounded where does that leave the credibility of the SFA, SPFL? 

Lets just wait and see what comes out in the wash, and it’s up to the players and their representatives to do their own due diligence before taking the blue shilling (assuming it’s paid on time :D).

There, generally, is no smoke without fire. I, like so many others, am sick listening about them and there existence. They are a badly run organization and have hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons since rising from the ashes. There are a lot of assumptions at the moment but if these assumptions are founded, then there must be an investigation within the ruling body as to why this has been allowed to happen to a club whose very existence came about because of the demise of another club. Would this happen? Probably not.

The funniest line in their songbook at RP,  "Celtic know all about their troubles". xD

Back to the subject matter, Naismith would bring a goalscoring threat to our midfield which we currently don't have, although whether he is fit enough and would remain fit is another matter. I wouldn't want him brought in just to let Norwich sign Jones. Where would it leave Kiltie if Naismith is brought in ? Probably out of the first team picture.

2 hours ago, DAVE_T said:

Rangers don't want him as its not a position they require filling.

He is not wanting to come to Killie as he does want to play every other game on plastic.

Well that's what i'v heard 

This is broadly what I have heard too.  If the Mutants don't want him I'd expect him to stay in England for the time being.

15 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The funniest line in their songbook at RP,  "Celtic know all about their troubles". xD

Back to the subject matter, Naismith would bring a goalscoring threat to our midfield which we currently don't have, although whether he is fit enough and would remain fit is another matter. I wouldn't want him brought in just to let Norwich sign Jones. Where would it leave Kiltie if Naismith is brought in ? Probably out of the first team picture.

Good point about Kiltie! Hadn't actually thought of that. 

2 hours ago, jamieboy said:

Good point about Kiltie! Hadn't actually thought of that. 

It puts Kiltie in the position that every player at the club should be in, pushing his hardest to get back in the team. If Kiltie is good enough, which I believe he is, then he'll get a game at the expense of someone else.

I don't see Naismith replacing Brophy, he has been a revelation, linking up with Boyd and providing an attacking threat that wasn't there before. I really can't see Naismith playing the same role as Brophy does, I doubt if he has the speed any more, although it is difficult to say without actually seeing him play.

20 minutes ago, Fletch said:

It puts Kiltie in the position that every player at the club should be in, pushing his hardest to get back in the team. If Kiltie is good enough, which I believe he is, then he'll get a game at the expense of someone else.

Good point but would that mean that one of Kiltie or Naismith have to get shifted wide? Maybe it could lead to a change to the 4321 that Mixu used. 

I said in one of my press conferences before the end of December that there had been one enquiry for one player and that is still the case.

It’s not the player that everyone thinks it would be. He’s a valuable player of the squad but it’s not the player you’d expect.

I'm assuming JJ is the one everyone expects (mentioned earlier in the article, even), so if so who do we think this is referring to?

2 minutes ago, kevin1869 said:

I'm assuming JJ is the one everyone expects (mentioned earlier in the article, even), so if so who do we think this is referring to?

Taylor, Bell or McKenzie are the only other's under contract I could think of.

The majority of the rest of the squad could leave for hee haw at the end of the year so technically an approach could be made direct with the players agent?

"Clarke said: 'I think the concept of the winter break is good. I’m not sure the actual execution has been great.

'We played seven games over 28 days in December and then you get enough space to give them a week off.

'Then you have to do a week’s training and you have a normal week leading into a game.

'After that you have five games in two weeks which seems a little bit frantic after giving them a rest.

'You flog them in December, give them a week off and then flog them in January.

'The concept is alright but I’m not sure they’ve quite got it.'”

I would add that I find it odd that they start back with a cup tie in a competition which will be most clubs' best chance of winning something.

17 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Taylor, Bell or McKenzie are the only other's under contract I could think of.

The majority of the rest of the squad could leave for hee haw at the end of the year so technically an approach could be made direct with the players agent?

From what I've been told, it's Alan Power who's interesting a current top 4 Scottish club.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

From what I've been told, it's Alan Power who's interesting a current top 4 Scottish club.

If it's him, then I agree with @Fletch that Hearts would be the logical choice of club to approach him. He ran the show against them and as mentioned that wee prick on radio was wax lyrical over him.