Steven Naismith

Bad company

Sounds like he is pretty open with his future. 

Sounds like if we made a approach he may consider it. Key points were

'I wouldn't say any club is off limits, because it is more than just about money. 

There have been a lot of stories linking me with two of my old clubs, Kilmarnock and Rangers. I have not spoken to either of them, but I am not ruling out any clubs at this stage.

But it is more than just picking a club and going to them. It is about what the club is doing going forward? Is there something I can bring to the team? Can I maybe help along some of the youngsters'

Judging on what he has said there I think we we want him enough he may consider us! 

Reading Boyds article in the paper and the stuff BBC had up as well I wonder if we are seeing the charm offensive starting and us using what we can to persuade him to join. We can’t compete financially and we maybe don’t have the pull of the heartstrings that Rangers do. We have a number of his former teammates and friends who he enjoyed successful times with. I guess we will find out when Bell is in the paper tomorrow, Burke on Monday, Broadfoot on Tuesday, Mulumbu on Wednesday and maybe even an appearance from Stevie Smith.

11 hours ago, piffer said:

Can we afford to show blind loyalty to players? If there is a chance of signing Naisy and at the expense of Jones, Boyd, Brophy or anyone else he is going going to improve us as a team can we miss this. This question is asked about many different positions. If there was the chance to sign a better keeper, CB, CM would you pass on it? 

Much as he wants to show loyalty to the players Clarke will understand he has a duty to make us as good a team as he can. It will be beneficial for him as well if he is constantly improving us

Agreed. A bit of a dilemma for the manager. This is where we need a  good manager we can rely on to make difficult decisions. Oh wait. I think we may have one.

Edited by malcr0

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Reading Boyds article in the paper and the stuff BBC had up as well I wonder if we are seeing the charm offensive starting and us using what we can to persuade him to join. We can’t compete financially and we maybe don’t have the pull of the heartstrings that Rangers do. We have a number of his former teammates and friends who he enjoyed successful times with. I guess we will find out when Bell is in the paper tomorrow, Burke on Monday, Broadfoot on Tuesday, Mulumbu on Wednesday and maybe even an appearance from Stevie Smith.

Smith has a throat infection and is currently unable to speak to the media.