Steven Naismith

Bad company

1 hour ago, historyman said:

As you get older, your perspective changes. Finances, family life, the team you are going to - what's their style of play? How you are going to fit into it? - all come into play, rather than simply, 'Is it a bigger club? Are the finances right?' There are a lot more variables involved now.

Based on those comments he made I'm quite surprised that he has joined Hearts rather than Killie - if we did in fact also make an offer to him.

Hope he isn't going to hearts because of Craig Leveins style of play haha

Rumour has it the Loganair 1900 hours flight from Norwich to Edinburgh has been diverted to Prestwick International. Captain Bris Koyd has blamed poor weather conditions at Edinburgh Intenational Airport. All passengers on board have been put up in the nearby Park Hotel with free access to facilities. 

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

If you want to say something really unpopular, suggest our pitch may have come into the equation, when he was making his decision. That’s the way to get a reaction. 

The pitch may well have come into the equation. He may have been concerned that it would lead to more injuries or he may have been worried that if he played on it and Killie didn't win then he would be blamed for spoiling our super home record. I guess we will need to wait for his autobiography. 

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

If you want to say something really unpopular, suggest our pitch may have come into the equation, when he was making his decision. That’s the way to get a reaction. 

Or just say he read the Jamie MacDonald thread on our forum and thought sod this for a game of soldiers!

From a wider perspective, with the mediocre signings Sevco are making, and the signings some other clubs are making, Scottish football may well be more competitive in the near future. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen have increasing crowds and far better infrastructure in place now. Hopefully. We are also on our way back to top provincial club status.

4 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

From a wider perspective, with the mediocre signings Sevco are making, and the signings some other clubs are making, Scottish football may well be more competitive in the near future. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen have increasing crowds and far better infrastructure in place now. Hopefully. We are also on our way back to top provincial club status.

Agreed, Scottish football is definitely on the rise at the moment and it’s good that we’re part of it. Something that we wouldn’t have thought about 6 months ago

14 minutes ago, Merk said:

Is it, aye?  And what do you base that nugget on?

In the debate about Hampden he said matches could be played around the country and mentioned RP, but only if they replaced the artificial pitch. The quote :-

" We have got some great stadiums we could use. You could create a good system where you are using Pittodrie, the two Edinburgh clubs, Celtic, Rangers, even Kilmarnock if it’s back on grass.”

Edited by Wrangodog

On 1/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Dont normally do 'exclusives' but......Info received from a member of his family that he has signed on loan and BB is funding half his wage.

Let the good times role and thanks BB.

Now I know why I don't normally do exclusives........................................:5:

Methinks his dad's been mischief making..............sorry folks.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Now I know why I don't normally do exclusives........................................:5:

Methinks his dad's been mischief making..............sorry folks.

With exclusives like that, I think you should change your username to Chick Young.

23 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

In the debate about Hampden he said matches could be played around the country and mentioned RP, but only if they replaced the artificial pitch. The quote :-

" We have got some great stadiums we could use. You could create a good system where you are using Pittodrie, the two Edinburgh clubs, Celtic, Rangers, even Kilmarnock if it’s back on grass.”

That says to me that he thinks Scotland wouldn't play a home international on plastic, which I think is correct. 

Although he might not want to play for a club which has an artificial pitch, I don’t think this is evidence of that.