Steven Naismith

Bad company

He has looked poor for Hearts, however that whole team is poor. They play the most boring football in the league, setup only to not concede. That style of football won't get the best out of Naisy.

Yes he is a greeting faced wee git, but when he was with us that didn't bother me... in fact I never noticed until he went to Ibrox!

19 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Naismith is the biggest moaner I have seen. Constantly berating referees and challenging their decisions . Especially at Rangers . As I said I do like him as a player but he’s like John Terry constantly on at refs  . Was never like that at us . 

He was exactly like that with us! 

Just look at any footage there is for him playing for us. Opposition fans hated him, we loved him.

I loved him playing for Scotland too for that very reason.

As i said, born winner.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

11 hours ago, BR1869 said:

As long as Mulumbu doesn't mind playing on it I'm not overly bothered about Naisy not wanting to...

I don't hugely care about whether this or that person from another club makes negative comments about the playing surface. That's what they are going to do.

It is just a complete embarrassment for a top Scottish team with upwardly mobile aspirations to be playing its games on plastic. I understand their utility in difficult climates like Moscow or St Petersburg but in general artificial surfaces just look "cheap". Ours in particular looks completely worn out and it is only a few years old. The bounce of the ball is not true and the spray of wee black pellets that fly up all the time is really unsightly.

So lets do the right thing and rip the stuff up and put in a proper playing surface.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I don't hugely care about whether this or that person from another club makes negative comments about the playing surface. That's what they are going to do.

It is just a complete embarrassment for a top Scottish team with upwardly mobile aspirations to be playing its games on plastic. I understand their utility in difficult climates like Moscow or St Petersburg but in general artificial surfaces just look "cheap". Ours in particular looks completely worn out and it is only a few years old. The bounce of the ball is not true and the spray of wee black pellets that fly up all the time is really unsightly.

So lets do the right thing and rip the stuff up and put in a proper playing surface.

I want to preface this by saying that everything considered I'd prefer we play on grass, not turf.

However, it really wasn't that long ago that places like Fir Park was essentially a sand pit. Rugby Park always had one of the best grass surfaces in the top flight, due to the outstanding groundsman work. It's very difficult to maintain an excellent playing surface, especially in West of Scotland weather at times (doesn't have to be Russia-esque conditions). It's the consistency that trumps every negative for me. That pitch plays the same from August to May. Your game plan doesn't change, or have to accommodate, as much of the conditions as it previous did.

And don't get me started on your 'unsightly' criticism. If you're watching football and get upset at how 'unsightly' the little black pellets are, you're watching football wrong.

1 minute ago, McDeeBop said:

And don't get me started on your 'unsightly' criticism. If you're watching football and get upset at how 'unsightly' the little black pellets are, you're watching football wrong.

I'd agree with this - i only notice the pitch when watching highlights on TV.

Never really notice it at the games. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd agree with this - i only notice the pitch when watching highlights on TV.

Never really notice it at the games. 

Agreed. 

A couple of septic fans have said that to me now, but to be honest you get just as unsightly grass pitches in this league!!

Edited by BR1869
Typo

41 minutes ago, McDeeBop said:

I dithered on including the aesthetic stuff because like you I don't really consider it a big deal. Clearly I made a poor choice including it.

Most importantly the ball does not seem, to me, to bounce "true" at times and players from both sides seem to loose their footing awfully easily. 

I understand grass needs a lot of work to keep it drained and looking decent in the West of Scotland weather but at least it can be kept decent. The current RP surface just looks "worn out", suggesting the club as a whole is, and there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Still, TBF, I just like a right good moan about something from time to time and while SC is doing his bit I'm actually quite happy.

4 minutes ago, red_dug said:

I see pittodrie is returning to a sand pit as it does every season.

Every bit as unpredictable and dangerous as the good old astro but that doesn't suit most folks arguements.

Precisely.  Other grass pitches can be just as poor - and that's before we even consider the lower leagues!

I'm sure there's some science about increased injury risk, but even the Septic fan in my work had to admit Ajer played on it last season and had no problems.

8 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I like Naismith but having seen him play for hearts recently he’s not quite as good as expected . Jones staying and Mulumbu is a bigger boost than getting Naismith. For him to come out and say about pitch I’d expect him to miss game at RP later in season then in that case . Always been a bit of a pissy bloke tbh . 

You've changed your tune! You were practically ejaculating when he was first mentioned and now he's not good enough and a 'pissy bloke' after 3 games with Hearts!

I think everyone would have liked him to come and got excited about it . He hasn’t been upto much since coming up to Hearts which is true so far . He is a moaner and as some folk say he always has been . Keeping JJ and Youssouf is a positive. Trying to suggest it’s not a massive blow to our season . Could have been worse had we lost some key players .