Steven Naismith

Bad company

I wouldn’t give him the “pleasure” of playing out his final days in a Killie kit, if we maintain this sorry status of being a doormat for supposed “Legends”, especially ones who left us ten minutes before the window closure, then Billy Bowie’s hard work will be in vain. We owe Naisy nothing, he has made his bed!

16 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

especially ones who left us ten minutes before the window closure

I'm told that 'respect' is the watch word this week. Maybe we should show some where its due. Naismith signed a new deal at the club, despite advice to the contrary, which ensured us our biggest ever transfer fee of £1.9. He didn't have to do it, he did it to ensure we got what was due to us. The transfer window thing was not down to him, us not getting shafted was.

12 minutes ago, Culley159 said:

I'm told that 'respect' is the watch word this week. Maybe we should show some where its due. Naismith signed a new deal at the club, despite advice to the contrary, which ensured us our biggest ever transfer fee of £1.9. He didn't have to do it, he did it to ensure we got what was due to us. The transfer window thing was not down to him, us not getting shafted was.

This ..but then again some “ fans “ on here have short attention spans . Naisy is a philanthropic type guy who may in the future invest time and money at his original club if some fans can see past there prejudices 

17 hours ago, skygod said:

If the plastic is there for another season after this one, I think we can draw a line under him returning.

If he still wants to end his career at RP after 2018-19 it will be on our terms, I hope. 

Much as I don't like the pitch, Boyd and Greer are both a fair bit older than Naismith and play on it every 2nd week. In fact Boyd has had a good few seasons on it now. 

31 minutes ago, historyman said:

Much as I don't like the pitch, Boyd and Greer are both a fair bit older than Naismith and play on it every 2nd week. In fact Boyd has had a good few seasons on it now. 

To be fair to Naismith he made it clear on Sportsound that with his history of knee injuries he wasn't prepared to play regularly on an artificial pitch, so it wasn't just a case of his age.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You made the right move eh Steven......

IMO... apart from scoring against us, which you could have stuck your mortgage on, he hasn't impressed me since he returned to Scotland. I expected him to be one of the stars in our league. Rather disappointing so far.

Sensing a touch of bitterness here. Your kidding yourself on if you think he's not as good if not better than most of our players, on his day. You are judging him when he's just come back and is playing for a negative s**t manager, do you remember how most of our players looked when we didn't have Steve Clark? He didn't choose us because of the pitch, its his loss not ours, we should just move on.

3 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

He didn't choose us because of the pitch, its his loss not ours, we should just move on.

He might have had final say on whether he went to Hearts or not but I don't think we were ever in the race in terms of what we could offer Norwich financially. 

So the point about the pitch is moot.

Just now, skygod said:

He might have had final say on whether he went to Hearts or not but I don't think we were ever in the race in terms of what we could offer Norwich financially. 

So the point about the pitch is moot.

no its not, he was taking the hit for any shortfall himself, money was not the deciding factor