Hibs Match Thread (Fred)

C4mmy31

A point more than we deserve. Power and Mulumbu surprisingly poor. Got guys like Dicker, Broadfoot and S Boyd to thank for digging in. Macdonald will be absolutely sick at the goal he's thrown in, an absolute howler. Happy to get the draw and keep the unbeaten run going. 
That's now three times in two games the ref has failed to give a blatant booking and then the guy has had a first booking later on in the match. 

3 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Has SC been interviewed yet?

Maybe I missed it when I nipped off to make a cuppa.

Seen him interviewed on the telly (by John Barnes?) - thought we'd scored too early & didn't settle into the game because of it. Managed to hold off Hibs relatively well. Deserved a point. 

Interview was cut off to go back to the studio for the thoughts of Tom English, Billy Dodds & Scott MacDonald who appeared to be breaking in a set of teeth for a horse.

Didn’t play particularly well but a good away point nonetheless. Broadfoot and S Boyd were solid in the centre and Hibs were forced the play across the pitch and attack down the wings. 

Jones was extremely poor today and surprised he wasn’t hooked sooner. Ambrose had him in his back pocket the whole game. A few times he had the opportunity to attack their defence and he seemed hesitant. Also thought his work rate wasn’t up to level of his teammates

Bad performance but there is still character in that team to hold on. Chatting to Hibs fans after who felt their team was never going to score. Individual performances cost us I think. Jones was poor, Mulumbu and Power didn't do as well. Shows how important Brophy is to the team. In a way, might be a good thing to give the team a shake and show Clarke where we need improving. Atmosphere and noise in the away end was fantastic. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Great point and nine games uneaten away is a fantastic record. Boyd a certainty for player for the month and maybe Clarke as manager. Would be great recognition for what he's achieved so far. 

Without a doubt we must get SPL manager and player for December if not it would be a mockery

Steve Clarke reflected on how his Kilmarnock players have adapted to his methods after extending the club's unbeaten away league record to nine matches.

Kris Boyd's goal gave Killie a 1-1 draw with Hibernian at Easter Road, ensuring the club remained undefeated in six matches in December.

Oli Shaw levelled the match for the hosts with Clarke seeing Killie head into the winter break in the top six.

He said: "I don't know if there's been a transformation. I can only judge them since I came to the club.

"They've been great on the training pitch and they've taken on board every message we've given them and transferred that to the pitch.

"The results are there to be seen. You can tell by the run we've had. I think that's only two defeats since I came to the club - that's good.

"But as I said to the players, there's still a long way to go and results today make sure you're always looking over your shoulder in this league because it's very difficult to move away from the bottom when you've only picked up three points from the first eight games.

"I think we'll suffer for that for the rest of the season."

34 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Hearts are only other option. But Hearts have picked up less points than Killie with a game more played I think? Could be wrong but. 

Pretty sure they have set a new club record for clean sheets whilst pumping Celtic in that run. I have a feeling that could sway whoever picks it - hope i'm wrong though 

Will definitely take a point from that today, we weren’t ourselves today after we scored but at the very least we are a very hard team to breakdown, which is something that’s been missing the last few seasons.

Boyd and Broadfoot at the back were fantastic.

Macdonald has made the first real howler I can ever remember him making in a Killie shirt? 

And finally, if Jones’ performance is anything to go by, he’s definetely away in January.