Hibs Match Thread (Fred)

C4mmy31

See Stevie Clarke I f**king love him, just reading his post match interview on BBC and even the way he describes Jamie's mistake is class the man is just different gravy one of the best to have graced our dug out in a very very very long time 

I hope this can last as long as is humanly possible and he is with us for as long as we can hold onto him 

I don't doubt we'll have bad weeks but everything just now is as close to perfect as it has been In a f**king long time 

so Stevie Clarke if you want to come round my house and drink my last can in the fridge you can

if you want to drive my motor just after I've filled the tank and return it empty you can 

if you want to forget to put my bin out you can 

if you want to phone some sex line in America from my house phone you can 

Stevie Clarke I f**king love you 

*disclaimer I've been drinking a lot but 90% of what I have said is factual 

Great point today as we were piss poor in possession & going forward but defended well & mainly restricted them to long range efforts & corners in the 2nd half,was never particularly worried they would score again. Centre halfs were excellent & I thot Greg Taylor played well defensively but never got much of a chance to get forward ,much like O'Donnell. JJ never tried an ounce & looked like he has one foot out the door. If we got anything close to half a million for him I'd rip your arm off!

Said to my mate half way through the first half that if we got a point it would be a great result.....we were fortunate to come away with a draw but the defensive resilience was brilliant. We gave the ball away so cheaply today and on numerous occasions didnt clear our lines properly by faffing about instead of hoofin it up the park or into row z!! More mistakes than I have seen in many weeks.....but a point is great. Hibs are a good footballing side, probably the best in the league after Celtic, they move the ball well and quickly and counter attack impressively. JJ drives me mad......as he kicks and rushes, doesnt lift his head and therefore his vision and final pass is poor. If money came in for him I would grab it. I think he is massively over rated. And as far as Erwin is concerned....what has he EVER done when he has played?? He never wins a ball, doesnt seem to try very hard to 'make his much needed mark' when he comes on so I would punt him asap, very unimpressive player.

Steve Clarke is a miracle man. We are so lucky to have such a quality guy in charge.....wait to you see Sevco sizing him up at the end of the season..!!

39 minutes ago, gordonp said:

Said to my mate half way through the first half that if we got a point it would be a great result.....we were fortunate to come away with a draw but the defensive resilience was brilliant. We gave the ball away so cheaply today and on numerous occasions didnt clear our lines properly by faffing about instead of hoofin it up the park or into row z!! More mistakes than I have seen in many weeks.....but a point is great. Hibs are a good footballing side, probably the best in the league after Celtic, they move the ball well and quickly and counter attack impressively. JJ drives me mad......as he kicks and rushes, doesnt lift his head and therefore his vision and final pass is poor. If money came in for him I would grab it. I think he is massively over rated. And as far as Erwin is concerned....what has he EVER done when he has played?? He never wins a ball, doesnt seem to try very hard to 'make his much needed mark' when he comes on so I would punt him asap, very unimpressive player.

Steve Clarke is a miracle man. We are so lucky to have such a quality guy in charge.....wait to you see Sevco sizing him up at the end of the season..!!

Sir Steve would never darken the doors of Ipox. As they say these days, FACT. END OF. 

I was interested watching Boyd today. Great work for the goal but against a slightly better side the hold up play is poorer and we lose a defensive body as he can't get about to pressure their defenders in their build up. Was wondering whether I was being too harsh just as Clarke subbed him. Will be interesting to see if he looks for a striker next month. Not suggesting dropping Boyd by any means, but I'd like his successor to be there and coming in and out of games. The mixture of a better opponent and no Brophy shows just how reliant we are on a player here and there. 

35 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I was interested watching Boyd today. Great work for the goal but against a slightly better side the hold up play is poorer and we lose a defensive body as he can't get about to pressure their defenders in their build up. Was wondering whether I was being too harsh just as Clarke subbed him. Will be interesting to see if he looks for a striker next month. Not suggesting dropping Boyd by any means, but I'd like his successor to be there and coming in and out of games. The mixture of a better opponent and no Brophy shows just how reliant we are on a player here and there. 

Not sure this is better side related, Boyd did well enough last week against Rangers. Hold up play is only possible if there is something/one to hold up for.

Jones, for all that he brings to the side, does not appear to read the game and get himself in a position to help.

Brophy has more football intelligence, so for me that was the miss today.

9 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Is this humour? The catering staff were up there with the worst ive ever came across at a ground.

Got a tea for the mrs and the lassie didn’t know where the milk was and eventually gave up the hunt after 5 minutes. This was after waiting in the que for 25 minutes then no getting a pie! 

1 hour ago, KillieBus said:

Not sure this is better side related, Boyd did well enough last week against Rangers. Hold up play is only possible if there is something/one to hold up for.

Jones, for all that he brings to the side, does not appear to read the game and get himself in a position to help.

Brophy has more football intelligence, so for me that was the miss today.

Yeah I can see the importance of Brophy. Hibs are a much better side than that Rangers team we beat,  I think. Just thought Boyd was struggling to win balls in the air and find a ball today. They pressed him much better than Rangers. And Lennon had clearly told them to split the centre backs, so almost all their attacks started with a long ball across the defence that Boyd couldn't chase. 

1 hour ago, lonewolfie said:

Just a mention for ref Alan Muir - he was utterly dire bordering on incompetent.

Would love to see more dialogue with referees and a chance to ask them to justify their decisions. 

How did the ref vs Rangers justify not booking the goal scorer for his celebration? How did Muir today justify not booking the boy who squared up to him, or McGinn for booting the ball away?

With John and McGinn cases, both got booked later, so the initial yellow would have added up to a red. 

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to them not applying simple laws of the game.  

Hibs had done their homework,closed down extremely quick and marked Mulumbu and Power in particular out the game. Every time Mulumbu got the ball there were at least two players on him,and he couldn’t get the ball out from under his feet. Hate John McGinn but today proved he’s a really good player. Power,pace,good passer of the ball and has a nasty streak which you love if he’s in your team. 

45 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

To the moaners ,we got a score draw at Easter road against a team some are saying will be in a battle for second ,we didn't play well ,but we played 10 times better and lost 0-3 to them not so long ago ------killie are back 

The fact remains the team failed to turn up. Hibs are not that good but we made them look like word beaters. Molumbu looked like he was on mogadon. Jones looked like his heid was away with his January transfer. MacKenzie came on and I dont think he touched the ball once. Its a decent result but to be brutal we were utter dung on the day.

29 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The fact remains the team failed to turn up. Hibs are not that good but we made them look like word beaters.

Disagree with that actually, that Hibs side are good and have been settled for a while playing that way. More quality and more time together as a squad and it showed today. We can do better, no doubt, and I think we will go on to be stronger still,  but thats a good side made up of many players that would walk into our team. McGinn put our three midfielders in the shade. 

From the games against them have thought Hibs are one of the better footballing sides in the league , they seem drilled to move the ball on the deck quickly and from side to side, with pace out wide ....if they had a better centre forward then could well challenge for second place...though would be a huge loss to them when McGinn departs

Think SC would be very pleased on how our team dug in when not playing well and saw out the game against such opposition and give him areas to improve on with couple of quality additions 

13 hours ago, Richie242KFC said:

Looks like this stadium has been totally rebuilt since my last visit. What a soulless green box. 

You can't have been there for a while. The first time I can remember being in that stand was Garry Tallon's debut!

Edited by Fankle

A fighting, resolute defensive performance, encouraged by going ahead with a very early goal, and backed by a noisy and exuberant travelling support, made this a pretty good day out in the capital for Kilmarnock.

It also ensured a four wins and two draws record in December, before the winter break.

Before there was a minute on the clock, Kris Boyd had extended his current scoring run. Chris Burke created a little space, Boyd lashed the ball with his left foot, and it fairly whizzed into the net from just inside the box.

Three of the four stands became pretty quiet, one was celebrating the season all over again. Hibs immediately began a bombardment which lasted for the rest of the game.

Their sole reward came after 23 minutes. A probing corner from the right, one of many good crosses for the home side, squirmed away from Jamie MacDonald, and fell to Oli Shaw, standing practically on the goal line, for a simple tap in.

Crosses, and particularly corner kicks, were a potent weapon for the home side throughout, but the Kilmarnock defence was not to be breached again.

What's now becoming a settled Killie defensive set up, put in a terrific shift, while Hibs had constantly to be aware of the visitors ability to hit on the break.

Jamie MacDonald had a good save from a free kick, John McGinn had a shot clip the top of the crossbar, but Hibs couldn't break Killie down again.

For the visitors, Jones, who had a good shot touched over the bar by Marciano, Burke, and later McKenzie, all did enough on the wings to keep the home defence honest, Kilmarnock’s mid-field again were both dogged and creative, and Kris Boyd, again, showed his ability as a striker. It wasn't a bad day out.

Hibernian: Marciano, Hanson, McGinn, McGeouch, Swanson (Slivka), Stevenson, Boyle, McGregor, Ambrose, Stokes (Matuleviciu), Shaw(Murray)

Kilmarnock: MacDonald, O’Donnell, Broadfoot, Power, Dicker, K Boyd (Erwin), Jones (Frizzell), Taylor, S Boyd, Mulumbu, Burke (McKenzie)

Referee: Alan Muir

There’s some delusional folk post on here these days. From being relegation stick ons 10 weeks ago looking like a win was less likely than peace in the Middle East, to fans moaning we didn’t play well at Hibs (4th in the league and with a realistic shout of finishing 3rd) and coming away with a point which was hard won. Hibs that pumped us 0-3 last month at home, performance notwithstanding. A point won after we gifted them an equaliser that in days gone past would have led to a capitulation and. 3/4/5 goal humping.

We weren’t pretty, we didn’t create countless chances and generally didn’t play as well as in recent games. We also weren’t allowed to by a good side playing at home and who are well coached also. It’s to the teams great credit that the disappointment of Jamie’s howler didn’t dampen their belief and resolve to get stuck in, make life difficult and retain the shape and balance that makes it hard for others to break us down. We are this year’s St Johnstone in many ways which would be a great base to start from, although we carry more flair and goal threat than Tommy Wright teams generally do.

Coming away yesterday from Easter Road in 6th place at the winter break, with a game in hand which could leave us 1point behind 5th, I thought massive credit needs to be given to Clarke, Dyer and the players for making us a team no one looks forward to playing, and making going to the games an occasion and something to look forward to again. A few shrewd signings in January and we go again with so much to be positive about and look forward to. Well done also for 1368 brilliant supporters showing appreciation for the players efforts, and a touch of class at the end singing Jamie Mac’s name loud and proud which didn’t go unnoticed by him and the team. We are Killie!

Edited by casual observer