The all Singing & all Dancing Jan 2018 Transfer Window Mega-Thread

Allan

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Jamie Murphy undergoing a medical with Sevco, that will surely lessen the chances of them signing JJ.

I genuinely think there was less than a 1% chance of him going to Ibrox, despite the rumblings on here. If he's going anywhere I reckon it'll be the Championship.

Findlay is set to go but if he did as things stand I'm happy with Taylor with Waters as understudy.  I think a younger more mobile centreback would compliment what we've got and rumour Greer might be off.  

Central midfield seems fine unless Dicker left. Would look for replacement if he did.  

Winger/ second striker we're not to bad.  Kiltie back a bonus but Jones might go Thomas a bit off the mark and Burke not the youngest so maybe someone there. 

Upfront Boyd and Brophy obviously but Erwin can go so probably need cover.

The 3 midfield dynamos with Brophy and Kiltie off Boyd sounds tasty.  

22 hours ago, fmcc said:

Can’t remember if i read it on here or no, but I’m less than confident about the Naisy one. I’d love to have him back but I’ve read somewhere about his knees and artificial pitches!

Naisy did tout Rugby Park for Scotland games in his recent interview about the future of Hampden - as long it went back to a grass pitch.  Chick Dung mentioned our 3G is going at end of season on the radio, ahead of schedule by 12 months,  Naisy then linked with Killie and Rangers - a club who "no longer exists".   Now, in the entire history of quotes the Daily Record could print about prospective Rangers signings, "no longer exists" probably isn't what the average current bun wants to hear.   Naismith would be the worst player Dave King could sign on many levels.  That's why it's the best transfer window rumour ever.  My greatest fear is Craig Levein and the new elevated section of the M74 in Glasgow torpedoing Killie's bid.  Naismith's karate kick on Eremenko in the Scottish cup tie back in the day, is exactly the sort of MMA skills Levein wants from a striker.  Once he finds out you can get from Stewarton to Gorgie in just over an hour to join the Gorgie Kung Fu, then takes the dugs a wee walk up Arthur's Seat on a crisp winter morning, feeding them the sort of organic pheasant dug treats you can only buy in posh Edinburgh pet boutiques - it'll be all over.

We'll just have to forget the Woof Man and make do with the Wolf Man!

Edited by RAG

"A run-down of every top flight club and where they’ll be looking to strengthen their squads in January.

KILMARNOCK

Depth at right-back | younger centre-back | more options up front | possible Jordan Jones replacement

The right side of the defence is an issue because there’s only Stephen O’Donnell. Kirk Broadfoot has operated there in the past, but his form in the central area has picked up so much that Killie really wouldn’t want to shift him over for any longer than a game or two.Speaking of the centre-backs, Gordon Greer is only on a deal until the summer and there are rumblings he could be on his way. Of the rest, Broadfoot is 33, Scott Boyd is 31, Stuart Findlay is still Newcastle’s asset and the younger back-ups (Calum Waters and Daniel Higgins) have rarely been seen. There is space there for a central defender in his peak years to come in and improve the unit.

In attack, even if Kris Boyd and Eammon Brophy have been excellent of late, there’s little quality in reserve. Summer signing Lee Erwin has yet to replicate the form of his time with Motherwell and hasn’t contributed a whole lot.

Jordan Jones looks set to leave in the summer with Rangers rumoured to be interested in his signature. Steve Clarke may look at recruiting his replacement early, and possibly even cashing in on his star, if the opportunity is there."

Craig Fowler (Scotsman)

44 minutes ago, gmullin88 said:

Killie to sign Stevie Mallan on loan.

He has only just made his Barnsley debut which suggests he hasn't impressed and/ or settled in. He seemed to do okay but was dropped for the next two matches!

Barnsley do have a lot of competition in midfield so he may well be available for loan somewhere.

Edited by skygod

8 minutes ago, LH31 said:

Funny how no-one generally mentions the one out, one in policy - Beerman oot Tae QOTS to make way?

It’ll be far more than one in one out. Got told the other day offers will be seriously considered for any player on the books at Ibrox. Foderingham and Tavernier were being pushed on Warburton before his sacking at Forest. They’re looking for routes out of the loan deals. Windass is being pimped about down South. A couple of the summer signings will definitely leave and they are hopeful of decent offers for Candeias and Morelos. 

They overapent in the summer and added big wages to the silly transfer fees

1 hour ago, skygod said:

"A run-down of every top flight club and where they’ll be looking to strengthen their squads in January.

KILMARNOCK

Depth at right-back | younger centre-back | more options up front | possible Jordan Jones replacement

The right side of the defence is an issue because there’s only Stephen O’Donnell. Kirk Broadfoot has operated there in the past, but his form in the central area has picked up so much that Killie really wouldn’t want to shift him over for any longer than a game or two.Speaking of the centre-backs, Gordon Greer is only on a deal until the summer and there are rumblings he could be on his way. Of the rest, Broadfoot is 33, Scott Boyd is 31, Stuart Findlay is still Newcastle’s asset and the younger back-ups (Calum Waters and Daniel Higgins) have rarely been seen. There is space there for a central defender in his peak years to come in and improve the unit.

In attack, even if Kris Boyd and Eammon Brophy have been excellent of late, there’s little quality in reserve. Summer signing Lee Erwin has yet to replicate the form of his time with Motherwell and hasn’t contributed a whole lot.

Jordan Jones looks set to leave in the summer with Rangers rumoured to be interested in his signature. Steve Clarke may look at recruiting his replacement early, and possibly even cashing in on his star, if the opportunity is there."

Craig Fowler (Scotsman)

He has only just made his Barnsley debut which suggests he hasn't impressed and/ or settled in. He seemed to do okay but was dropped for the next two matches!

Barnsley do have a lot of competition in midfield so he may well be available for loan somewhere.

Who possible to Depth Right back, centre back and Winger/Attack midfielder/Striker (replace Jones)?

I'm sure the last financial year end they posted loses for the year at around £7m... That's pound sterling, not Dembele Dollars. 

Now that wouldn't have included the sacking of their manager and their signing business at beginning of this season.

Their chairman is bankrupt. The "three bears" have pulled funding, as despite being fans, they are also businessmen and they'll enjoy their millions more than The Rangers.

They will fold again. It's inevitable as no business can operate in that way.

Their fans still believe they are an institution that's too big to disappear but you could look at Nottingham Forrest, Woolworths or banking crisis to realise it doesn't matter how big you think you are, if you owe money the vultures will circle. 

Their only hope is some Asian billionaire takes a fancy to running a Scottish club. If that doesn't happen within maybe two to three years they will cease to exist... forever this time!!

Edited by Bullitt

7 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Complete guess work.

Former player who had successul period at club - tick!

16 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Findlay is set to go but if he did as things stand I'm happy with Taylor with Waters as understudy.  I think a younger more mobile centreback would compliment what we've got and rumour Greer might be off.  

Central midfield seems fine unless Dicker left. Would look for replacement if he did.  

Winger/ second striker we're not to bad.  Kiltie back a bonus but Jones might go Thomas a bit off the mark and Burke not the youngest so maybe someone there. 

Upfront Boyd and Brophy obviously but Erwin can go so probably need cover.

The 3 midfield dynamos with Brophy and Kiltie off Boyd sounds tasty.  

Spot on, a centre back with a bit more pace would help. I was thinking recently that a diamond in midfield of Dicker Mulumbu Power and Kiltie behind a front two of Boyd and Brophy would work. I'd take someone like Gary Oliver from Morton as back up for our strikers. Wouldn't be surprised if Clarke gives Erwin a chance as a winger as he hasn't done the business up front.  

24 minutes ago, Darryl1869 said:

Liverpool echo reporting that rangers have made a £5.75m bid for Naismith, if true they have either found a pot of gold somewhere, or trying their best to go bust again xD

To be fair this accurate, and not at all tongue in cheek, information also came from the same source. 

Sky Sources: Hulk reportedly valued at £9m. Derry City and Besiktas interested.

Rangers are a shambles . Must be going off recommendations. They have fallen miles if they think players like Murphy and longstaff etc are good enough . They can’t afford to pay for people or that so get tabloids to link them with half the players in Europe . The boy Greg docherty is good at Hamilton but there is rangers fans begging him to sign on social media . They are skint 

1 hour ago, Darryl1869 said:

Liverpool echo reporting that rangers have made a £5.75m bid for Naismith, if true they have either found a pot of gold somewhere, or trying their best to go bust again xD

surely that can't be right. No way could Rangers find the money to pay that, and, being honest, Naisy wouldn't command a fee so high, would he?