The all Singing & all Dancing Jan 2018 Transfer Window Mega-Thread

Allan

Does anyone think that there will be a serious bid for Jones this window? Norwich have signed an attacking midfielder from Spurs albeit on loan. Hull City could end up being his destination as they prepare to lose a couple of players themselves. Hope he stays but think that the speculation surrounding him can only unsettle him.

I’m not sure there will be. His stock was a lot higher a couple of months when he made his international debut and was the main man for Killie. Perhaps the slight dip in form has  persuaded some of his suitors to take a step back. This would also explain why Rangers are stepping up their interest with less competition for his signature. 

It is still fairly early in the window and things could kick off with one transfer causing a domino effect

Norwich not only sold Pritchard but loaned one of their few other wide players to Cardiff, which suggests to me they expect to sign someone. 

Hull are maybe a more likely destination and Fulham were quoted too.  

If they bid - fine; if they don’t, that’s fine too. We’ll keep him until the summer and hope to cash in then, by which time he might have another couple of caps. 

Ayr United boss Ian McCall has entered the row over Rangers £350,000 bid for Kilmarnock star Jordan Jones ... by claiming the offer is to HIGH.

The Ibrox side angered Killie with their bid for the winger yesterday - Rugby Park boss Steve Clarke said it was “nowhere near acceptable”.

Killie striker Kris Boyd stoked the row this morning when he said Rangers were unsettling players then refusing to pay the going rates. But McCall - who has seen Jones up close when his side beat Kilmarnock in the Betfred Cup earlier this season - told BBC Sportsound tonight: 

I think they’re well off the mark…I’d pay £150,000 for him!

I’ve seen him in one game when he played against us. He was their main threat but he didn’t really do anything, there was no end product I didn’t think.

But he’s got pace and he plays out wide. But for me to pay £350k…

It’s not a lot of money, but it is in Scottish football.

:8:

I think he’s done it deliberately. He will want to go and if he goes to them theh should be made to pay top dollar . As I have said previously I don’t rate him as much as others seem to. Would like 700k minimum . I know rangers cannot afford that . Also said before I’d take Ohallaron. If he was available as I think Naismith is too far gone . 500k plus Ohallaron.

If he’s playing a game he will get torn a new one tomorrow. I don’t think the manager will stand for that kind of crap and I certainly don’t think the likes of Boyd, Broadfoot, Dicker and Power to name a few will be too impressed. There’s a strong unity in the dressing room and I think he will be shot down pretty quickly

39 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

JJ just tweeted a pic of himself with the Northern Ireland gear on... Rangers fans are all over it!!

It's rather sad that a picture of a player in his international strip cant simply something be celebrated for what it is. If he was in a Wales strip would the same idiots be so excited?