The all Singing & all Dancing Jan 2018 Transfer Window Mega-Thread

Allan

Frizzell technically in terms of passing and spotting runs is probably the best player we have in midfield . Of course other players have different abilities . Frizzell in our current formation would fit in well in a 3 cm . Protected either side and able to recycle the possession and spray it about . Unfortunately his physical attributes are something which in Scotland may hold him back .

37 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Frizzell technically in terms of passing and spotting runs is probably the best player we have in midfield . Of course other players have different abilities . Frizzell in our current formation would fit in well in a 3 cm  .

Come on  I know he is wee but he is bigger than 3cm! 

6 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

Liam Henderson has signed for Bari in Serie B. Surely an SPL team is a better option (football wise) than Italian second division?!

Thought swapping hoops for blue and white stripes would have been a decent move for both..

We probably couldn't afford the transfer/development fee. Bari seems a decent move for the boy and an opportunity that would be hard to turn down!

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I said he’s probably our best passer and natural player on ball . He has low Centre of gravity and links up well and can play a killer pass . Not maybe an opinion everyone shares but it is my opinion . Not our best player but a valuable member of squad for young player .

Mulumbu is by far the best player in the squad in terms of ability and suitability in his position. 

11 minutes ago, historyman said:

Mulumbu is by far the best player in the squad in terms of ability and suitability in his position. 

I didn’t say Frizzell was the best player in the squad I said he was the most naturally gifted at passing and finding killer passes . Mulumbu has a lot of other strengths and overall is one of best players in league .

1 hour ago, McDeeBop said:

I rate Frizzell, but I'm curious what games you've watched where he's demonstrated this natural, gifted ability? I haven't seen them.

I think especially under McCulloch Frizzell done well . In a very poor midfield . I also remember him scoring screamer at Partick and a fantastic goal at hearts away . I think he has very good ability on the ball . When you see him in 20s games he’s the best player on Park by miles . Dropping him in deep end has worked for him . Shame he can’t fit into the team atm . He Taylor and jones had a good triangle going down the left side . Hawkshaw on other hand for me has fell victim to being classed a first team player to early . 

35 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I think especially under McCulloch Frizzell done well . In a very poor midfield . I also remember him scoring screamer at Partick and a fantastic goal at hearts away . I think he has very good ability on the ball . When you see him in 20s games he’s the best player on Park by miles . Dropping him in deep end has worked for him . Shame he can’t fit into the team atm . He Taylor and jones had a good triangle going down the left side . Hawkshaw on other hand for me has fell victim to being classed a first team player to early . 

As I say, Frizz is good but there are several players in our team with better technical ability than him IMO. A loan to the championship would do him wonders IMO.

We're not really helped with a few players not featuring in the squad still contracted till at least the end of the season. With January notoriously rubbish for free transfers, given the lack of availability and/or fitness of them it wouldn't be surprising for Clarke to wait till the summer.

It also buys him a little more time to work on a system and identity players. 

Only signing I could see us make would be a loan midfielder if Jones leaves.

12 hours ago, BR1869 said:

Liam Henderson has signed for Bari in Serie B. Surely an SPL team is a better option (football wise) than Italian second division?!

Thought swapping hoops for blue and white stripes would have been a decent move for both..

Fair play to him, I’m sure Serie B is much more technical than the SPFL and it’ll be an education on and off the park for Henderson. I admire players who go out their comfort zone.

10 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Fair play to him, I’m sure Serie B is much more technical than the SPFL and it’ll be an education on and off the park for Henderson. I admire players who go out their comfort zone.

He did spend a few months on loan to Rosenborg too I suppose so clearly not a lad who worries about taking the plunge abroad.