The all Singing & all Dancing Jan 2018 Transfer Window Mega-Thread

Allan

Lets all settle down, we are the form team in the league and Clarke was in the papers just after Hibs saying what type of guy would he be to bring in a whole raft of new players after the players currently here have produced for him so far.

This isnt McCulloch, Locke, AJ at the helm, lets trust what Stevie is doing and if we dont sign anyone then that is the correct decision.

The current squad based on recent form is good enough to finish in the top 6, finish there & then in the summer we are looking at a different type of player

There’s trust and there’s blind faith - I think Dan1el just crossed the line! 

There are areas of the squad which could do with some cover for injuries, suspensions and loss of form. 

Not to mention losing a player late in the transfer window, which is not unknown...

SC knows that we are not out of the woods as far as finishing in the bottom two. It would be great if the pre-break form continued but there’s no guarantee. 

I agree that the summer will be the time for more major work on the squad once contracts expire but some reinforcing in this window - loans probably - wouldn’t go amiss. 

Edited by skygod

I think it's hard to disagree with what Dan1el has said. Clarke is getting the best out of a mid-table squad at the minute. Having used 27 players in all competitions so far I'd say if anything the squad is maybe slightly bloated rather than needing more cover, squad players we're probably quite comfortable for. I'd expect he was probably looking to shift a few players out and replace with one or two with slightly higher quality and I'm sure if Jones or McKenzie move on this will be the case. The squad seem to be quite comfortable with his methods, I can understand why Clarke doesn't want to interrupt that, if he sees best to go forward with what we have I'm quite happy with that as a decision.

Edited by Fletch

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I think it's hard to disagree with what Dan1el has said. Clarke is getting the best out of a mid-table squad at the minute. Having used 27 players in all competitions so far I'd say if anything the squad is maybe slightly bloated rather than needing more cover, squad players we're probably quite comfortable for. I'd expect he was probably looking to shift a few players out and replace with one or two with slightly higher quality and I'm sure if Jones or McKenzie move on this will be the case. The squad seem to be quite comfortable with his methods, I can understand why Clarke doesn't want to interrupt that, if he sees best to go forward with what we have I'm quite happy with that as a decision.

Agree with this.SC has seen all the teams in the league play and knows the standard required.Ok some may have strengthened over January but we still have a fully fit Mulumba and hopefully Kiltie to add to the mix.

Agree with the above. My only concern is that Clarke is getting more out of the players than their actual quality, and we run the risk of regressing back to the mean. I say concern because I'm not convinced either way, but there are definitely positions I'd like to see more quality in if at all possible. Bottom line is I trust Clarke. 

15 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

If Craigieboy is right then one of the two players will surely be the guy mentioned before: Aaron Tshibola.

Would seem worth a look but perhaps not worth signing unless he has a trial, which is hopefully what's happening?

I hope Craigieboy is right too, but I'm sure they paid in the region of £5m to Reading for him and read online they would prefer to get him off the books permanently rather than a short term loan.

Even with the SC factor (allegedly Villa signed him on his advice) this perhaps makes us an unlikely destination?

SC comments this week on the Transfer window 

With the January transfer window still open, Clarke confirmed Rory Mckenzie has held talks with St Johnstone over a pre-contract move but remains content with the current state of his playing options.

He added: "I’m happy with the squad at the moment, I said that in December and I’ve no reason to change my mind now. You have to be ready to react just in case one or two players do go out of the club but at the moment I don’t see that happening so hopefully we can go with the same again for the second half of the season."

"Rory is out of contract so he’s entitled to speak to other clubs. I believe he’s spoken to St Johnstone and that can happen but it is not our intention to let Rory go this January.

"Jordan Jones is quite straight forward. Rangers made a bid, we felt it was too low, turned it down and Jordan is still a Kilmarnock player.

"If players were to go out then it’s something I’d need to look at. I’ve got some feelers out just in case but even with the size of squad I’ve got, I’ve got quite a big squad. 

"There are a lot of squad players that get used and a lot of squad players that don’t get used so we could even run with a little bit of a smaller squad if we had to." 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I know we were linked with Tshibola a few months back, are we just guessing he's here on trial? The reason I say that is because he played for Villa u23's a couple of nights ago and Villa have said they don't want him to go on loan and they don't want to sell cheap.

I'd imagine his situation is similar to Naismith but he has more sell on value.

£5 million+ player isn't going to be on peanuts at Aston Villa. Also, given he is contracted until 2020, they will be looking for a return for him.

1 hour ago, azertyuiop said:

I'd imagine his situation is similar to Naismith but he has more sell on value.

£5 million+ player isn't going to be on peanuts at Aston Villa. Also, given he is contracted until 2020, they will be looking for a return for him.

I understand where Villa are coming from. I was more getting at he's been mentioned to have been here over the past week or so yet he was playing for Villa u23's the other day so I'd guess whoever it is that's here on trial probably isn't Tshibola. I might be wrong, maybe he's been here then has gone back down for a reserve game then came back up to Kilmarnock - or was on trial and has gone home.

5 hours ago, skygod said:

There’s trust and there’s blind faith - I think Dan1el just crossed the line! 

There are areas of the squad which could do with some cover for injuries, suspensions and loss of form. 

Not to mention losing a player late in the transfer window, which is not unknown...

SC knows that we are not out of the woods as far as finishing in the bottom two. It would be great if the pre-break form continued but there’s no guarantee. 

I agree that the summer will be the time for more major work on the squad once contracts expire but some reinforcing in this window - loans probably - wouldn’t go amiss. 

I also heard he doesn't fart

Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt has had his say on Rangers' transfer methods!

"Record Sport revealed yesterday that Leeds were ready to launch a swoop for (Windass) and are willing to better Preston's £500,000 offer.

The news prompted one supporter to ask Accrington chairman Holt on Twitter if they had a sell-on clause inserted in the deal.

But Holt replied: 'No, got ripped off,' on his personal Twitter account.

The Stanley chairman then blasted: 'What I’m saying is that Rangers sent me a letter on Jan 3 stating they wanted to talk to players, when I knew all that was left to do was the medical.

'That’s what pissed me off. It’s a bit like asking permission off someone to shag his wife when he knows you’re already at it.'"

Not much doubt, I think, that Jones has been "got at" too.

Edited by skygod