The all Singing & all Dancing Jan 2018 Transfer Window Mega-Thread

Allan

Google said he was joining Telford on a season long loan in August 2017.
Wonder why that has been cut short. I'm surprised they are happy for him to go loan to us when he won't be expected to play very much.
Good to have a some cover at right-back though - something I didn't think I would ever need to say again this time last year.

Hoping we can get some sort of attacking player in before the window closes. Maybe offload Erwin too. Looks like SSC is making us very difficult to beat by making sure we have cover at the back and centre mid which is good to see... only concern is what happens if Boyd goes off the boil. Lafferty is apparently possibly leaving hearts I think he would play a lot like Boyd but will be more mobile. God know but I do feel we might need another option up front with experience. 

2 minutes ago, Darryl1869 said:

Tshibola came across a bit like that xD “delighted” 

Haha yeah! Someone posted his interview signing for Villa word for word the same as his latest, to be fair he mentioned us being the oldest pro club in Scotland so at least he can remember something he's told half an hour before an interview 

Just now, TheeOhSee said:

Haha yeah! Someone posted his interview signing for Villa word for word the same as his latest, to be fair he mentioned us being the oldest pro club in Scotland so at least he can remember something he's told half an hour before an interview 

Also said “I know they’ve won the Scottish cup” xD when asked what he knows about Kilmarnock, as long as he’s a decent player I’ll be “delighted” 

Just now, Wrangodog said:

Makes a change from the usual feck all happening transfer window. Wonder if any of the loans will become permanent ? Obviously not Mulumbu, Tishibola may have been a £5m player but he still has to resurrect his career after some poor loan performances and Simpson is still young.

Even longer term loans of higher quality players would be good to see. Ben Gordon for example was a good catch a few years ago...plenty of young players down south deemed not good enough who could make an impact for us! Hopefully S.C network down south can bring us in exciting season long loans for players who would be above our level to offer contracts 

19 minutes ago, Darryl1869 said:

Also said “I know they’ve won the Scottish cup” xD when asked what he knows about Kilmarnock, as long as he’s a decent player I’ll be “delighted” 

Haha! Yeah the way he said it was if he thought it was last year! I tried to research a bit when he was first rumoured to be linked with us. Seems to cover the park a lot and be pretty solid. Maybe a bit more creative than Power but more of a risk taker. A midfield Sissoko...you heard it here first 

Edited by TheeOhSee

26 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Good bit of cover at RB but doubt we’ll see too much of him in the starting 11 unless SOD gets injured or has a horrendous loss of form 

Who says he's here as cover and.not to take SOD's position? Not going take all these loanees and sit them on the bench. It's different from the mob Lee Clark brought in, these guys have some pedigree 

I saw someone mention it on here earlier and it’s popped up on Twitter a few times. Once in reply to David Wren. Is their anything in the Muirhead rumour?

St Mirren were a club rumoured to fancy Erwin in this window. They’ve kept hold of Morgan and got Hyppolyte today so don’t see that happening. 

Good to see us sign RB cover. We have a few who can play LB but if anything happened to SOD we’d be struggling.

I’d be delighted if we could get the likes of Smith and Spencer out the door today.

7 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Who says he's here as cover and.not to take SOD's position? Not going take all these loanees and sit them on the bench. It's different from the mob Lee Clark brought in, these guys have some pedigree 

SOD hasn’t done anything to warrant being dropped or replaced. If anything his games improved since SC took over. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure the lad Simpson has talent and should hopefully keep SOD on his toes knowing he can be replaced should his game drop 

10 minutes ago, piffer said:

I saw someone mention it on here earlier and it’s popped up on Twitter a few times. Once in reply to David Wren. Is their anything in the Muirhead rumour?

St Mirren were a club rumoured to fancy Erwin in this window. They’ve kept hold of Morgan and got Hyppolyte today so don’t see that happening. 

Good to see us sign RB cover. We have a few who can play LB but if anything happened to SOD we’d be struggling.

I’d be delighted if we could get the likes of Smith and Spencer out the door today.

Muirhead not going anywhere this window apparently.