The all Singing & all Dancing Jan 2018 Transfer Window Mega-Thread

Allan

1 hour ago, the big ring said:

totally agreed. If S O'D was unavailable I'm struggling to think of a good replacement.

No one will come to Killie to play second fiddle unless they are a youngster. If he is playing at a semi reasonable level in England he would need the promise of first team football to consider us again.

Don't deal in rumours because I have absolutely no contact with anyone at the club but... for what it's worth... a mate who does seem to have some knowledge has just texted me to say that there might be news later today on Naismith and Ikechi Anya. I'm finding it hard to believe that even with Clarke in charge we could attract players of that calibre but just repeating what I've been told.

Fingers crossed.

I've no idea where the Anya links have come from, does Clarke have previous with him at another club? 

Obviously the Naismith thing has some legs given his history and domestic situation. I think there is a decent chance he signs with us although I'd be less sceptical if he was a couple of years older. At 31 there's still ample opportunity to go make some big bucks, although I guess he's been doing just that for a while. Would be a very very good signing for us. Anya is just sheer pace from what I've seen of him and would trouble most defences in this league.

I'd be delighted with one of them. If we get both I'd really fancy us to be pushing top 5. 

Would be ideal if any dealings in this window are done in next couple of weeks........I'm sure SC will have had couple main targets in mind ,  to improve the quality of the squad ....or replacements if the Manager is aware that certain player(s) will be leaving 

..issues may arise if there are late (successful) bids for any of our fist team players and he then has to look for a replacement 

Heard our incomings in terms of boosting the current squad are done but won’t be confirmed until the manager and board return from a break next week. 

I think it was mentioned on here that we could be in for Benyu from Celtic. Noticed today in the papers that Rodgers confirmed he could be on his way out on loan among other fringe players at Celtic. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Heard our incomings in terms of boosting the current squad are done but won’t be confirmed until the manager and board return from a break next week. 

I think it was mentioned on here that we could be in for Benyu from Celtic. Noticed today in the papers that Rodgers confirmed he could be on his way out on loan among other fringe players at Celtic. 

Benyu to Oldham

17 hours ago, pmonty3 said:

I've no idea where the Anya links have come from, does Clarke have previous with him at another club? 

QTS perhaps? It wouldn't be the first time McLeish has funded a transfer for us. With him being the major sponsor at both clubs it's the only way I could see a (presumably loan) deal like that potentially coming off.