The dud Killie strikers topic

Killieboykfc

A long list of guys so far that played a handful of games and then moved on.

What about those that were consistently mince over a prolonged period?

Perhaps this will prove controversial but there was no bigger disappointment for me than McCoist. Over-hyped and overweight for most of his time at RP - until, that is, he landed the part in the Robert Duvall film and then he shifted twa stane in about a month. Also, totally couldn’t bring himself to score against the Huns.

Apart from him, big Nishy was a shockingly limited footballer who wouldn’t have got a game for my U16 side.

16 minutes ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

Perhaps this will prove controversial but there was no bigger disappointment for me than McCoist. Over-hyped and overweight for most of his time at RP - until, that is, he landed the part in the Robert Duvall film and then he shifted twa stane in about a month. Also, totally couldn’t bring himself to score against the Huns.

Apart from him, big Nishy was a shockingly limited footballer who wouldn’t have got a game for my U16 side.

We got a good half season out of McCoist, he even earned a Scotland recall, then he got injured and came back fatter and slower.

Colin Nish hit 40 goals for us, not exactly dud territory. An immensely frustrating player I grant you, he could score a sublime raker but then miss an open goal from 2 feet...

Edited by Fankle

Michael Jeffrey. English player who had played in Holland had us all hopeful but apart from the header againt the huns and I seem to remember one at easter road..

Looked as much a footballer as George Weahs cousin.

Edited by kleso
Typo

14 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again- John McEachran.

Was the worst I ever saw as well. He wasn't even at junior level. Those were very bleak years when our top scorer usually got about 5 or 6 goals. 

In terms of disappointment vs. expectations Alan McInally. Thought he was going to be something special but his legs had gone.

7 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Cooky was ok, he was young at the time, playing in a bad team and didn’t get the coaching the players get now.

Remember when he came back to play against us with ?Stranraer and he was flattened by a full on head butt right in front of us on the east terracing by our defender (cant remember his name but was a total thug and never played for us again).

Cooky just lay on the ground on his belly with his head in is hands looking into the crowd with a wry smile and shaking his head.

Always gave everything but after a bright start faded quickly.

Definitely far from the worst.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Remember when he came back to play against us with ?Stranraer and he was flattened by a full on head butt right in front of us on the east terracing by our defender (cant remember his name but was a total thug and never played for us again).

Kenny Brannigan. 

28 minutes ago, Hungryhippo said:

Michel N'Gonge

Really? I quite liked N'Gonge, he had a lot about him. The only dud moment I remember with N'Gonge was that time he was clean through against Rangers and fell flat on his face.

There were a lot of Merdy, Boutal, Koudou type signings that arrived during the period where JJ was signing guys on 6 month deals who never really contributed - in fact, I can barely remember them. As far as strikers who were just flat out hopeless Mark Stewart is as bad as I can think of. Seems to have done well at Championship clubs but when we had his he was just absolutely terrible.

Edited by Fletch