The dud Killie strikers topic

Killieboykfc

2 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Played a huge part in saving us from going down. No way a dud.

Did he not score a late winner up at Pittodrie in a midweek game near the end of the season? 

Aye, him and Graeme Owens.

That was 3 days before the Falkirk game. We were losing 1-0 at HT and basically down.

One of the best nights I've ever had following Killie. Something like 600+ Killie fans travelled and they never gave up. The scenes at the second goal will live with me forever.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, CB said:

Andy Smith

...is the correct answer in my era of going to the games (1993-present) - undoubtedly made worse by the fact that we courted him for what seemed like years while he was banging them in at Dunfermline...only for him to arrive at Kilmarnock and play like a bag of spanners.

Poise, first touch, aerial threat, pace, a great haircut....Andy had none of these, lumbering his way to a single goal for Kilmarnock, which if I remember correctly was either a penalty, or the rebound from a penalty.  His best performance at Rugby Park would undoubtedly come the following year...for fictional side Kilnockie in the Scottish Cup in the bargain bucket fixture "A Shot at Glory".

16 hours ago, CB said:

Didn't he score quite a few?

IIRC derek cook and ian Bryson started one season on fire, scored 8 or 9 goals each in about a month, we all thought, premier division here we come, then one or both of them got injured and it all went pear shaped

9 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

I remember always wanting us to sign Smith. Some folk just don't work out at certain clubs I think he was actually a decent enough player. 

One of the most recent is surely that lad from Charlton we had on loan, Josh Umerah. 

Jose Quitongo was pretty s**t for us too when we got him,  was he not? 

Jose was pretty sh!t and flattered to deceive iirc , one hard tackle and he sh@t the bed .

Russell Abercrombie rate day him though 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, him and Graeme Owens.

That was 3 days before the Falkirk game. We were losing 1-0 at HT and basically down.

One of the best nights I've ever had following Killie. Something like 600+ Killie fans travelled and they never gave up. The scenes at the second goal will live with me forever.

That was one of the best nights ever following Killie.  

It was mental when we scored.    

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

...is the correct answer in my era of going to the games (1993-present) - undoubtedly made worse by the fact that we courted him for what seemed like years while he was banging them in at Dunfermline...only for him to arrive at Kilmarnock and play like a bag of spanners.

Poise, first touch, aerial threat, pace, a great haircut....Andy had none of these, lumbering his way to a single goal for Kilmarnock, which if I remember correctly was either a penalty, or the rebound from a penalty.  His best performance at Rugby Park would undoubtedly come the following year...for fictional side Kilnockie in the Scottish Cup in the bargain bucket fixture "A Shot at Glory".

Did it no take him umpteen takes to even do that? Simple ball in, head it past a keeper who would let it in.

42 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

That was one of the best nights ever following Killie.  

It was mental when we scored.    

Was a great night. I seem to remember celebrating a Combe save as if wehad won the league. Guy was clearly crippled but had been begged to play to give us some experience ahead of Bell. Was brilliant that night.

22 minutes ago, CB said:

We were Lillian Gish in those sky masters tournies. Hearts maybe?

Nope, defo us,  I've got a signed shirt from that tournament framed in the man cave. Quitongo finished the tournament as top scorer despite us not qualifying from our group.

Edited by CLANCY2KTID