Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

mathematics

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Seriously? I thought 7P was terrible.

I guess context has a lot to do with my views here. When I saw Seven Psychopaths I was heavily into that genre (very Coen Bros/True Detective (1st series). While I still enjoy these types of films, hence the reason I went to see it, the style is becoming a bit jaded. 

Being a huge McDormand fan, I was disappointed to find her a bit annoying in this film, agreeing to play to cheap laughs like kicking the kids for instance.

I also thought McDonagh cynically played to the Academy by painting all the Black characters as good guys.

I still enjoyed it though because alongside McDormand, Harrelson and Rockwell are amongst my very favourite actors.

7 hours ago, historyman said:

I rarely go to the cinema. Is it worth making a trip to see this? I've heard it's a really good film as opposed to a lot of the rubbish that comes out these days. 

If you can overlook what I said above and the redemptive ending for one of the film's unsavoury characters.

• 5 months later...