Craig Slater

7 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

Willie Miller was not impressed with Slater's performance today.

You could hear the old 80's rivalry coming out from Willie. He was loving it that The Arabs were getting hammered. It was actually quite funny to hear him so animated, normally he is just monotone dull.

Sounds like a nightmare debut for Slater and hardly a ringing endorsement of Laszlo's transfer window activity. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Wow, that injury has certainly put him back, big time, at least I hope it is the injury as I don’t remember him being that bad when he was here 

was thinking a similar thing. looked like he'd gone back a lot, since he left for england

The move to Colchester was meant to be a stepping stone, and hopefully it will still work out for him.

He definitely needs a move away from them if he wants to fulfil his potential. I hope the Utd loan gets him back on track, but playing in an inferior league with a lower level of skill down south seems to have set his development back.

Would be behind Frizzell and Wilson if he came back.

8 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Wow, that injury has certainly put him back, big time, at least I hope it is the injury as I don’t remember him being that bad when he was here 

I assume he didn't do his wee spinny turn today? .... If he did that with us then he was let off with s**tting out of tackles, having no positional awareness and being generally poor for chunks of games.  Did score a couple of good goals admittedly.

19 hours ago, piffer said:

United really are a club in decline. The money is gone and the talent has dried up. If they don’t come up this year they will really struggle next. Scottish football is improving and I think certain clubs risk taking huge falls from grace.

Billy Dodds thinks we cant afford to have Dundee United in the championship!

I am lead to believe that Slater would be on upwards of £5K per week before bonus.If sensible he could be set up for life with his 3 years at Colchester however what is more important?Cash or progressing your football career?

5 hours ago, Graeme S said:

Billy Dodds thinks we cant afford to have Dundee United in the championship!

I am lead to believe that Slater would be on upwards of £5K per week before bonus.If sensible he could be set up for life with his 3 years at Colchester however what is more important?Cash or progressing your football career?

Cash because one bad tackle could end your career tomorrow

On 3 January 2018 at 5:46 PM, Bonbon19 said:

No loss

‘He refused a new contract and thought the grass was greener on the other side. TBF we were sh!te at the time but had he stayed look at what he’d be working under right now . Good luck with crazy Lazlo 

I wondered at the time if Lee Clark being the manager was a factor in his decision to leave. I recall McKenzie holding off till last minute prior to signing on again the same summer. 

• 1 month later...
On 27 March 2018 at 11:43 PM, historyman said:

Ray McKinnon must be kissing himself. They weren't too far behind St Mirren when he got fired and look at them now. 

Even if they get into the play-offs I doubt very much they will get through them successfully. It's been a disastrous season for them. 

Agree. Ray McKinnon's removal was way too quick. I'm not convinced they will make the play-offs.