is the "we are Killie" song unacceptable

Trojan76

Is the song "we are killie" not acceptable  

373 members have voted

1. 1. I find the line "we hate Ayr, black b******s" unacceptable, should the club take a stance and ask fans to stop singing it?

• yes
    • no

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Wow, now the implications of that comment are truly racist.  Quite revealing that that main cheer leaders for the song are the same ones that on another forum that tell our our country is less racist than other countries. No surprise to those of us who live in the real world, though.

You really are a peculiar wee man... have you never called your wee darlings Cheeky Monkeys? I used it all the time and now it's racist?? 

Gies peace! 

People who whine about racism, sexism or any other ism where there isn't any are so tiresome! Remember when Big Gordy called out "...a sort of bigoted woman" when she wasn't? 

Smug self righteousness is not a virtue to be proud of.  

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

You really are a peculiar wee man... have you never called your wee darlings Cheeky Monkeys? I used it all the time and now it's racist?? 

Gies peace! 

People who whine about racism, sexism or any other ism where there isn't any are so tiresome! Remember when Big Gordy called out "...a sort of bigoted woman" when she wasn't? 

Smug self righteousness is not a virtue to be proud of.  

@Mclean07 seems to have mastered Killieism, judging by the amount of whining he does on these boards.

14 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Wow, now the implications of that comment are truly racist.  Quite revealing that that main cheer leaders for the song are the same ones that on another forum that tell our our country is less racist than other countries. No surprise to those of us who live in the real world, though.

Pack it in, troll.

The song isn't racist, the implication isn't racist. If someone people are desperate to get offended on behalf of other people they could twist it so they take it as racist, good on them. They're outing themselves by applying racist context where literally none exist. The counter 'argument' that this isn't how it works in the real world doesn't wash. There's no such thing as racist language, context is everything.

It's pretty well known in Scotland that 'black' means (or used to mean) dirty. In a Killie/Ayr specific context it's the colour of the strips. It has never meant colour of skin, it doesn't now regardless of what some people may think.

19 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Oh look, it's the homophobe.

16 minutes ago, Waverley said:

About 30 years ago I was disgusted with fellow Killie fans making monkey gestures and noises to Vic Kasule at Meadowbank. I always thought that we were better than that!

I think the connotations of singing 'black bastards' leave us open to claims of racism too.

Sadly par for the course at the time.  Ruud Gullit said the worst racist abuse he ever encountered was when he played in Paisley for Feyenoord v St Mirren.

3 hours ago, Waverley said:

About 30 years ago I was disgusted with fellow Killie fans making monkey gestures and noises to Vic Kasule at Meadowbank. I always thought that we were better than that!

I think the connotations of singing 'black bastards' leave us open to claims of racism too.

Don't beleive that happened

9 hours ago, Fankle said:

Ruud Gullit said the worst racist abuse he ever encountered was when he played in Paisley for Feyenoord v St Mirren.

I was at that game and don't remember anything untoward from the St Mirren fans towards Gullit.  What I do remember well was the Feyenoord fans were put in the main stand and sang in English for most of the night

12 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Nice guy most of the time, occasionally you're a cvnt.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

You used homophobic word when there was plenty of other words you could have used. Then you shucked the dummy out the pram when chinned for it (as usual)

In fact, exactly what you are trying to do by saying the song could be taken out of context.

You can't have it both ways. Make your mind up.

Right folks, I am going delete this poll later today. The argument and issue has been raised and debated. Clear there is a.split in our opinions but not worth the name  calling and twisted agreements on going. 

For thise who say they voted wrongly as misread the question, I don' uunderstand that as it is pretty clear. 

Poll will. Be deleted later today to allow posters and lurkers to see why I have deleted it. It was never meant to be such bitterly debated