Psychology and perception

The Lurker

This is a very good read.

I said to my son the other week during the first half of the Killie v Rangers game that if you took away the massive support and the strips they were playing in, that Rangers team was no different to a Dundee or a Ross County. They were bang average. Perception and psychology goes a long way in Scottish football. 

https://footballpink.net/2018/01/04/scottish-footballs-crisis-of-confidence/

Edited by The Lurker

That is a pretty good read. One of the biggest and simplest ways we can challenge the status quo and break the mindset that the old firm must dominate is to attend home games vs them and stop hiding on these occasions because they sing nasty wee songs and are a bit clatty. 

f**k them!

MON THE KILLIE!

2 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

That is a pretty good read. One of the biggest and simplest ways we can challenge the status quo and break the mindset that the old firm must dominate is to attend home games vs them and stop hiding on these occasions because they sing nasty wee songs and are a bit clatty. 

f**k them!

MON THE KILLIE!

For all the results against the Old Firm over the years, the simple fact is that money talks. They have it (relatively speaking) and us wee diddy teams don't. For every Leicester that happens, and it still blows my mind they won the league, there are thousands where the more expensive team came out on top. Now, we influence individual games to an extent and I'll never hide behind the excuse that they're better players simply because of fees/salary, but teams get beat mostly because they're not as good as the other team.

Rangers are where they are, Dundee levels of competence, purely through years of utter financial mismanagement.

This sounds all fairly defeatist, but I'm actually really positively minded most of the time.

3 hours ago, killieblue said:

This month proves that Steve Clarke has brought the confidence out in the players and made them show passion to killie.

Exactly.

He has convinced virtually the same squad of players as Lee McCulloch could not win a game with that they can take on and beat anyone in the league.

As with so many other things in this life an awful lot of it is about confidence.

Edited by gdevoy

42 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Exactly.

He has convinced virtually the same squad of players as Lee McCulloch could not win a game with that they can take on and beat anyone in the league.

As with so many other things in this life an awful lot of it is about confidence.

True, confidence is key... I only pull woman when I'm drunk because I'm confident, or at that stage when any hippo will do...

Was saying to a Newco supporting workmate of mine, who went in the huff and didn't speak for two days, that he really should get over himself and that beating Newco was on par with beating the likes of Motherwell, St Johnstone etc nowadays. It's the joy of sticking two fingers up to the great deluded supporters that they've inherited that gives Killie fans, and other clubs fans, the greatest joy. They are paying premium prices to watch a tribute act of a club that is consigned to history. It looks like the mindset of Scottish football is changing and apart from Celtic and their spending power, no one fears anyone anymore. Can only be good for the future of the Scottish game. 

6 hours ago, Bullitt said:

True, confidence is key... I only pull woman when I'm drunk because I'm confident, or at that stage when any hippo will do...

There's only one hippo in these parts and I think a lot of folk would be happy to spend time with a purveyor of fine football stories and editor of a magazine :$.

11 hours ago, The Lurker said:

This is a very good read.

I said to my son the other week during the first half of the Killie v Rangers game that if you took away the massive support and the strips they were playing in, that Rangers team was no different to a Dundee or a Ross County. They were bang average. Perception and psychology goes a long way in Scottish football. 

https://footballpink.net/2018/01/04/scottish-footballs-crisis-of-confidence/

Magnificent article, and too fkn right as well. It’s time for Scottish football to take it to them and make the league great again.