off the ball

Trojan76

Almost a killie special today, Lee McCulloch and BBC poet who is a killie fan on at lunchtime and Gary Holt at 5.30pm.

A lot of talk about Killie. Now talking SC up for Scotland job as Michael O'Neil is rumoured to be staying with NI!

Can we just be allowed to keep our gaffer for a season at least

19 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

There are plenty in the meeja that will not be happy till they get SSC away from RP it sticks in their throats we have a man of his calibre when the currant buns can't give the job away 

https://footballpink.net/2018/01/04/scottish-footballs-crisis-of-confidence/ Someone posted this on here the other day, which references this exact thing with the scottish media and the old firm. Very good read. 

22 minutes ago, Chum said:

https://footballpink.net/2018/01/04/scottish-footballs-crisis-of-confidence/ Someone posted this on here the other day, which references this exact thing with the scottish media and the old firm. Very good read. 

That's spot on 

I believe the mindset that Ferguson displayed and was vocal about in his time at Aberdeen is the same thinking SSC will have 

he hasn't spent his career in the old filth h meeja bubble he will give not one jot what drivel they print and I believe he will be fully focused on doing the job he set out to do and continue to add to his already impressive cv 

4 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

credit has to be given to him for the signings he made, just couldn't get them to gel like an experienced coach could. I reckon a spell asan assistant somewhere would do him wonders

Agreed. Had he been learning from Sir Stevie Clarke instead of Locke and Clark he would be a far better man manager, coach and likely would have had drummed into him quickly that he can't be everyone's best chum.

He was always a smashing guy and I can't remember any Killie manager (who was as bad results wise) leave a club with everyone's best wishes. 

Edited by Bullitt

1 hour ago, jam1869 said:

He always did come across well, and spoke highly about Killie, just think the job came too quick for him. 

I agree. Always hoped it would work out for him but then again we wouldn’t then have Stevie Clarke.

Edited by malcr0
Typo

I hope Lee does well in his next job. He comes across as one of the good guys in the game. I always felt sorry for him as he looked in absolute anguish sometimes when we were losing and he couldn't find a way to change a game in our favour. I think what he missed was an older and more experienced no. 2 who wouldn't be shy of making "suggestions". 

3 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

Almost a killie special today, Lee McCulloch and BBC poet who is a killie fan on at lunchtime and Gary Holt at 5.30pm.

A lot of talk about Killie. Now talking SC up for Scotland job as Michael O'Neil is rumoured to be staying with NI!

Can we just be allowed to keep our gaffer for a season at least

The BBC poet who is a Killie fan was a big Rangers fan in the eighties.