Boydy's Talking About Rangers In The Papers Again!

BigD'sGingerLorry

Kris Boyd has accused Rangers of trying to unsettle Scottish Premiership rivals with derisory bids for players — and vowed Kilmarnock won’t be ‘bullied’ into parting with Jordan Jones on the cheap.

The Ibrox club saw an undisclosed bid for Jones kicked out by the Rugby Park outfit on Monday, with boss Steve Clarke insisting the level of the offer was an insult to his Northern Ireland international attacker.

Sportsmail understands the Ayrshire club are looking for £1million for the former Middlesbrough winger.

Last summer Rangers failed in a bid for Aberdeen midfielder Kenny McLean and did not meet Hearts’ valuation of winger Jamie Walker.

The Ibrox club also made an enquiry for Hamilton Accies midfielder Greg Docherty last week — although they have yet to follow that up with a concrete offer.

Boyd signed an extension on Monday to stay at Kilmarnock until the end of next season as he was named Ladbrokes Premiership Player of the Month for December.

‘There’s a common theme the whole time,’ said the 34-year-old striker. ‘There’s one club unsettling everybody. If they want players then pay the money and come and take them!

‘Jamie Walker was the exact same. There’s a list — we could go on and on.

‘Calls have been made and nothing has been backed up.

‘It’s easy to unsettle players now. But we all know how football works. If you want something, you go and get it.

‘If a deal has been agreed and Jordan is happy with it, then go and pay the price to the football club.

‘When Kilmarnock were struggling for money in the last few years there may have been players they got rid of (for cheap).

‘But Kilmarnock are not in a position to be bullied any more.

‘We are not stupid — there will come a day when Jordan Jones leaves this club.

‘But the value has to be met and he has been performing at a higher level than the value of the bid.

‘Jordan could be the difference between us finishing in the bottom or top six.

‘And we are not talking about a Kilmarnock youngster. We are talking about a Northern Ireland internationalist.

‘Why would the club sell someone for way lower than they need to when he has a year left on his contract?

‘There will be a some crazy figures bandied about but every club has a price they would accept for a player — and until that’s matched he won’t be going anywhere.

‘So if Rangers want him they will need to pay the money.’

Clarke also believes Jones should feel slighted at such a derisory offer.

‘The bid was far too low so the club has immediately turned it down,’ said the Killie boss as he was named Manager of the Month.

‘If I was the player I would be a little bit upset that the bid was so low.

‘We are obviously not under pressure to sell because we turned the bid down. The offer was nowhere near where we would rate someone of Jordan’s ability.

‘The offer did not really get off the ground.’

Steven Naismith has also been linked with an Ibrox return as well as a move to Kilmarnock and Hearts.

He said: ‘I’d love to have a player of Steven’s ability coming to the club and so would the fans.

‘But I’ve got to be honest and say that would be very difficult for us to do.’

Boyd, meanwhile, revealed that boss Clarke talked him out of hanging up his boots earlier this season.

The veteran sought out his new manager when Clarke replaced Lee McCulloch back in October and told the 54-year-old that he feared his playing days were numbered.

But Clarke assured the Killie legend he could train at his own pace and convinced him to play on at least until January.

And having scored six goals in six games across a December to remember, the rejuvenated striker is now the second top scorer in the Premiership just one behind Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos and has signed a new deal to keep him at Rugby Park until summer 2019.

‘I did feel as if I was coming to the end. Being honest, I felt I was more or less done,’ nodded Boyd.

‘When things change in a football work environment you see a lot of people running about again and trying to impress a new manager.

‘I have seen that so many times in my career and I couldn’t face people who had been under-performing suddenly running about all over the place and clattering into the back of you.

‘But from our first conversation the manager was able to convince me to stay. I told him I felt my body was sore.

‘But the manager said I wouldn’t be doing long sessions, which would be strenuous on the body.

‘He asked me to give him until January and, hopefully, I have repaid that. For me, it’s been the best decision ever. I am enjoying my football.

‘Since the manager came in I have started almost every game. It is great to have someone who backs you and wants you.

‘The manager now wants me to be that No 9 striker who gets in the box.’

Boyd laughed as he added: ‘The days of me pressing the game higher up the pitch are gone. To be honest, they might never have been there in the in the first place.'

(Daily Mail)

Edited by skygod

The thing is if anyone should be looking at their accounts it’s them .

They think cause rangers want them and put in a 125k bid plus add ons such as you’ll get your other money if we don’t liquidate by June . 

They are paying no money on two of the three loan deals they got to appease their knuckle dragging support . Then convincing them they will be able to permanently sign in summer when most of them are Bosmans. 

Totally skint . Good to see us and Hearts and Aberdeen to tell them to pay up or get to . 

Hope Jordan moves for what we value him at close to a million . 

Accepting anything less from them when you know they aren’t good for it long term is a thing killie of past would do . 

Clarke laughed it off in the press and is now a pape/ tarrier and has his own personal agenda against rangers according to them . 

Got folk like Jim 56 from Airdrie tweeting JJ saying No surrender come to the teddy bears you’ve always supported us . 

Stay  strong killie 

4 hours ago, Rusty Oz said:

We should look at our last accounts.......are these guys for real, seriously what planet are they from???

I had a wee look online. On the day we posted around £1m profit they posted almost £8m in losses. 

The season previously we did post a modest £70k loss... but again, £70k vs £7.5m for them really doesn't need an accountant to know which business is currently more viable. 

27 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Calls have been made and nothing has been backed up.

‘It’s easy to unsettle players now. But we all know how football works. If you want something, you go and get it.

If a deal has been agreed and Jordan is happy with it, then go and pay the price to the football club.

Isn't that tapping up?

Unless he was given permission

Bit of a contradictory reaction from fans here. Previously the general consensus seemed to be that Boyd shouldn't talk about other teams in the media and should concentrate on his job as a player with Killie.

With regard to the Sevco fans' reactions the guy who says that there isn't a going rate but valuations and bids until an agreement (or otherwise) is spot on. However, the guy quoting the £70k loss and the liabilities on the accounts has already won the 'Scottish Football Lack of Self-Awareness Award' for 2018 and its only the middle of January. It's guys like him that make me have no sympathy whatsoever for them.

So did the board and accountants lie to us at the AGM? I’m confused. How can a fan of another club know more than we do. 

Fair play to Boyd for calling them out. They’ve got away with this crap for too long and we have a structure at the club now who will stand against it. 

13 minutes ago, historyman said:

Bit of a contradictory reaction from fans here. Previously the general consensus seemed to be that Boyd shouldn't talk about other teams in the media and should concentrate on his job as a player with Killie.

With regard to the Sevco fans' reactions the guy who says that there isn't a going rate but valuations and bids until an agreement (or otherwise) is spot on. However, the guy quoting the £70k loss and the liabilities on the accounts has already won the 'Scottish Football Lack of Self-Awareness Award' for 2018 and its only the middle of January. It's guys like him that make me have no sympathy whatsoever for them.

He's backing the club that employs him, same as Clarke.

Nothing wrong with that.

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

Jones wouldn’t have been given permission unless the clubs had agreed a fee, surely? 

More likely that his agent might have been talking to them on the quiet. 

As Boyd says, we all know how football works...

would think this has been done few weeks back one way or another via some sort of 3rd party-----  but hard to be proven 

good to see the board take a stance -- who knows under certain previous Director / Board the club would have taken the first offer from that club