Saturday

Killie_cammyu84

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Lethal? Now we really are knocker wetting.

I appreciate it might not be 'lethal', however all it takes is one old buddy to fall and hit his head. Our support isn't exactly young and I know several fans who have walking sticks that sit in the FB stand. 

If the parks clear it would make sense for the club to get staff to salt the ground tonight. I'm not sure if that's a council issue but I would hope as a matter of urgency the council are looking at areas around Rugby Park to grit with a match this weekend.

If it's off I'll be livid right enough!!

Steve Clarke insists the Scottish Cup has lost none of its shine as he aims to set Killie on course for a long run in the competition.

The Killie boss is preparing his team for Saturday's fourth round tie against Ross County at Rugby Park as we aim to lift the trophy for the first time since 1997.

Clarke, whose fondest Scottish Cup memory was watching his old St Mirren teammates lift the trophy in 1987, has a strong cup pedigree helping Chelsea to one FA Cup win, a League Cup triumph as well as victory in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup as a player. 

Ahead of Saturday's game, he spoke of the benefits of success in the knockout competitions.

He said: "You should never underestimate the value of a good cup run to the club. The players enjoy it, the supporters enjoy it and it gives you momentum.

"It keeps the momentum going if you are on a good run in the league, if you’re on a bad run in the league then it can be a nice, pleasant distraction.

"Hopefully for us we can pick up where we left off in December and pick up a good result against Ross County, who will be very difficult opponents.

"We just have to get back to the level of performance that we had in December and if we get that then we probably won’t win every game but we’ll certainly pick up enough points in the league to push on up the table.

"If we do it right at the weekend and get the breaks on the day, which you need in cup football in terms of the bounce of the ball and decisions, then we’ll progress."

Clarke confirmed Cammy Bell was set to make his first appearance of the season but picked up a knock to his knee in training.

With the January transfer window still open, Clarke confirmed Rory Mckenzie has held talks with St Johnstone over a pre-contract move but remains content with the current state of his playing options.

He added: "I’m happy with the squad at the moment, I said that in December and I’ve no reason to change my mind now. You have to be ready to react just in case one or two players do go out of the club but at the moment I don’t see that happening so hopefully we can go with the same again for the second half of the season.

"Rory is out of contract so he’s entitled to speak to other clubs. I believe he’s spoken to St Johnstone and that can happen but it is not our intention to let Rory go this January.

"Jordan Jones is quite straight forward. Rangers made a bid, we felt it was too low, turned it down and Jordan is still a Kilmarnock player.

"If players were to go out then it’s something I’d need to look at. I’ve got some feelers out just in case but even with the size of squad I’ve got, I’ve got quite a big squad. 

"There are a lot of squad players that get used and a lot of squad players that don’t get used so we could even run with a little bit of a smaller squad if we had to."