Saturday

Killie_cammyu84

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I appreciate it might not be 'lethal', however all it takes is one old buddy to fall and hit his head. Our support isn't exactly young and I know several fans who have walking sticks that sit in the FB stand. 

If the parks clear it would make sense for the club to get staff to salt the ground tonight. I'm not sure if that's a council issue but I would hope as a matter of urgency the council are looking at areas around Rugby Park to grit with a match this weekend.

If it's off I'll be livid right enough!!

Is St Mirren game off? Is that why that buddy was at Rugby Park?

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I appreciate it might not be 'lethal', however all it takes is one old buddy to fall and hit his head. Our support isn't exactly young and I know several fans who have walking sticks that sit in the FB stand. 

Given the numbers heading for hospitality tomorrow most falls in and around the FB stand will not be due to ice...

Edited by Fankle

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

What's the decor in their rooms like, and the precise colour of the blinds ?

Minimalist modern, egg white walls with a hint of dead sex worker stuffed into the base of the bed. Blinds are cobalt blue, with blacklight streaks...

As you know, I'm not one for offering up excuses for people not attending, but the scheduling of games is atrocious these days. Remember when we used to know it was home and away on alternate weeks. It bred the habit of going and allowed for budgeting. In the space of a fortnight we have four home games, two on a Wednesday night. Basic cost for an adult £86. Add kids and extras and its outside the budget of a normal family. I expect we will see any upturn damaged by those midweek games. The Dundee game would have been attractive at new year when people were on holiday. Is it so difficult to have a regular pattern. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

As you know, I'm not one for offering up excuses for people not attending, but the scheduling of games is atrocious these days. Remember when we used to know it was home and away on alternate weeks. It bred the habit of going and allowed for budgeting. In the space of a fortnight we have four home games, two on a Wednesday night. Basic cost for an adult £86. Add kids and extras and its outside the budget of a normal family. I expect we will see any upturn damaged by those midweek games. The Dundee game would have been attractive at new year when people were on holiday. Is it so difficult to have a regular pattern. 

You dont do away games so what's the issue?

5 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

100% correct. Like many leisure activities, football is a habit. Used to love Wed night games under the lights. And it was always Wed! 

6 hours ago, cammy2012 said:

100% correct. Like many leisure activities, football is a habit. Used to love Wed night games under the lights. And it was always Wed! 

Didn't we mostly played our midweeks on a tuesday. The 'big' teams played a wednesday. No?

Going back in time, Wednesday was the usual day for midweek matches, I think. 

Maybe derives from pre-floodlight days when shops and businesses had an “early closing” day midweek?

Tuesday makes more sense - playing on Wednesday doesn’t allow much recovery/ preparation time before Saturdays. 

13 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

So excuses for not attending are only okay when they're yours? 

Cool, got it.