Hippos good news

Killieboykfc

3 minutes ago, Garvis said:

You can’t make a comment without someone giving you a red card ? Should show you who has given it as they never comment on it. Cowards come to mind hahaha 

First rule of KillieFC.com: Don't mention red cards in a post or you'll get a red card. f**k, I said "red card."

5 hours ago, CB said:

Mods can see who gives out points.

The Bury site which I used to visit for obvious reasons was the same as this - "Powered by Invision Community" - and everyone could see who had awarded "thingies". The same as you can see who voted for whom on the Man of the Match board here.

What's the justification for hiding it?

Edit - In fact, looking at the Bury site, they don't even have red cards - just Like, Ha Ha, Sad, Confused and Thanks.

Edited by skygod

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

The Bury site which I used to visit for obvious reasons was the same as this - "Powered by Invision Community" - and everyone could see who had awarded "thingies". The same as you can see who for voted for whom on the Man of the Match board here.

What's the justification for hiding it?

It's probably the default setting. So, technically not hidden, just not changed the settings.

By the looks of it, most people use it as a quick 'I agree, I find what you say humorous, you're full of it' short hand, rather than posting that  'I agree, I find what you say humorous, you're full of it', being able to do so, probably allows the user to trully express their feelings, without getting in to a flame war.

Unless of course, you are <redacted> and you're just giving <redacted> red cards out of badness. In which instance, I, and other mods have stepped in and levelled the reputation, wherever possible.

You can only see who voted in the man of the match board, because I allow it, when creating the poll.

2 minutes ago, CB said:

Unless of course, you are <redacted> and you're just giving <redacted> red cards out of badness. In which instance, I, and other mods have stepped in and levelled the reputation, wherever possible.

Personally, I couldn't care less about my "reputation" - it could be +1869 or -1869, frankly.

What I don't understand is why people award red cards out of what you call "badness". I can't understand why someone would award a red card for a post advising the details of Youth Cup match, for example.

It's bewildering and I think they have had a negative impact on the atmosphere on the boards.

Just my opinion, though. :)