Monty's Scottish Cup Memories

C4mmy31

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I remember Lekovic climbing up into the stand to get his wean to take him / her onto the pitch with him.

I wonder where Dragojy is these days? His wean has probably got weans of their own.

My favourite ever Killie keeper.. Wow wit we would do for another day like that eh.. 

I was there in 1997 but I was 13 at the time and it's actually a bit of a blur... strange really as you'd think I'd still remember most of the day!

Any memories I have is more down to pics with my face painted and watching the match again.

The Celtic game... wow... my mum and dad were visiting my sister in Australia. When we scored I burst out crying... never cried before at a game!

Called my dad and it must have been about 4am there and I was like "dad we won the cup"!

He's all half sleeping saying "wit, seriously?"

Then I started greeting again like a big jessie!!!

7 in 97 aswell. I remember the bus ride up and being in my seat getting a flag passed overhead. DOn't remember our goal for some strange reason but i remember their disallowed one. Paper roses at full time and then John Finnie street and going to a house party with the family.

2012 i've never felt euphoria like that in my life. The goal went in and went nuts then almost a wee tear. Next 6 minutes were horrendous. Celebration at full time was good but not as big as the goal.

34 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

7 in 97 aswell. I remember the bus ride up and being in my seat getting a flag passed overhead. DOn't remember our goal for some strange reason but i remember their disallowed one. Paper roses at full time and then John Finnie street and going to a house party with the family.

2012 i've never felt euphoria like that in my life. The goal went in and went nuts then almost a wee tear. Next 6 minutes were horrendous. Celebration at full time was good but not as big as the goal.

I went AWOL for 3 days after that game, was meant to be in work on the Tuesday and eventually made it in (rough as f**k) on the Thursday.

The town after it was bouncing, as was the Howard on the Monday. Think I did a 12 hour shift in there with half this message board!

We could win another few cups in my lifetime and I don't think the euphoria/disbelief/joy of that DVT goal and final whistle will ever be repeated.

Makes all the sh1te worthwhile....and then some.

52 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I went AWOL for 3 days after that game, was meant to be in work on the Tuesday and eventually made it in (rough as f**k) on the Thursday.

The town after it was bouncing, as was the Howard on the Monday. Think I did a 12 hour shift in there with half this message board!

We could win another few cups in my lifetime and I don't think the euphoria/disbelief/joy of that DVT goal and final whistle will ever be repeated.

Makes all the sh1te worthwhile....and then some.

Was in the brass after and they had the goal on repeat, every time it went in a massive cheer.

I was in work the next day, came in still half cut and my boss said "never come into work in that state again"....had a smile on his face tho. Buddies fan.

Strangely enough the Jimmy Mac winner at Easter Road in the semi eclipsed the goal in the 97 final for me

1997 was incredible but in a different way to 2012 - 97 we were the favorites and I expected a win, 2012 we were the underdogs and I expected us to come home empty handed, as mentioned the explosion when DVT headed in was surreal, thought we had no chance and when that goal went in, with little time left, everyone seemed to grasp that we could do it.

Both glorious days for the fans/club and will go down in the history books,

44 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Was in the brass after and they had the goal on repeat, every time it went in a massive cheer.

I was in work the next day, came in still half cut and my boss said "never come into work in that state again"....had a smile on his face tho. Buddies fan.

My boss at the time as at the game....in Celtic end.

Text him at FT and told him I wouldn't be in on the Tuesday (was off the Monday). He never even asked where I was when I never turned up on the Wednesday.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

2012 was a lot easier on the nerves that 1997.

In 2012 we only looked like winning for the last 10 minutes and the "penalty incident" in the last minute was way up the other end.

In 1997 I had never seen us win anything in 40 years and I was convinced the 2nd half Falkirk bombardment was going to give me a heart attack.

Just now, gdevoy said:

2012 was a lot easier on the nerves that 1997.

In 2012 we only looked like winning for the last 10 minutes and the "penalty incident" in the last minute was way up the other end.

In 1997 I had never seen us win anything in 40 years and I was convinced the 2nd half Falkirk bombardment was going to give me a heart attack.

I disagree about 2012. We had plenty of chances before we scored. Should have scored just before/after half time.

18 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Spot on. i kinda preferred 2012. Support was far more vocal in 2012.

I dont disagree There is something about 2012 that is special. Maybe its because of who we beat or because we finally won that cup after losing so many finals before.