Rory Mckenzie to St johnstone

kfc_superteam

16 minutes ago, boab1869 said:

I actually thought the way we're playing recently might have suited him, either playing wide right or up front off of boydy but just hasn't managed to force himself into Steve Clark's plans.

Wish him all the best.

I can see where you are coming from here and he was important in Clarke’s early games. Against Aberdeen in the first half although not the only player playing badly McKenzies bottle for the fight appeared to go and I wonder how that sits with the manager. He pulled out of tackles in that game he should have been favourite to win and was losing 50/50s to the likes of Mackay Steven who is hardly a tackler. 

3 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Feel as though his versatility has worked against him over the last few years . Played everywhere for the club and a good guy . Never gave anything less than his all , Thought recently playing a right midfield position early Clarke games he had settled into some good form and looked comfortable a injury saw Jones and Brophy replace him and he hasn’t been seen since. 

Im sure he is a killie fan aswell but as mentioned a move to a good club like st Johnstone would be benficial to him at this stage of career . Personally I’d have given him another year .

Couldn't agree more. Always love a trier. However, if he feels he has to move, then T. Johnstone would be the ideal fit.

Probably won't be missed in a playing sense as he's very versatile but not good enough to hold down a position. He's not fast or skilful enough as a winger and not physical or technical as a midfielder. He does give his all though and has been a good servant at the club. He just hasn't developed and it can't have helped with the numerous managerial changes at key stages in his development.

3 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

What concerns me is that Dicker, Kiltie, Mulumu and maybe even Jones, will not be here next season. We could potentially be in a position at the end of the season where we need to sign another 10 players and our midfield will be extremely light on quality and numbers.

If the team is performing well they may be more inclined to stay and be part of something.  Mulumbu seems to have a good relationship with Clarke and if the offers aren’t right maybe he could be persuaded to stay. Perhaps he likes the big fish small pond idea.

Dicker would be a huge loss but at the same time I’m excited to see what Clarke can get out of Ian Wilson when he’s fit. IMO the boy has the raw attributes to do well in that holding role. 

Kiltie is a huge talent. It depends what he does in the second half of the season how big a loss he would be. We’ve done ok in the last 18months without being able to rely on him. Obviously we all want him back to his best starting for Killie though. 

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

What concerns me is that Dicker, Kiltie, Mulumu and maybe even Jones, will not be here next season. We could potentially be in a position at the end of the season where we need to sign another 10 players and our midfield will be extremely light on quality and numbers.

Think I have totally missed a thread is Dicker rumoured to be transfer target or is it just end of contract ? Is he unhappy at Killie

5 hours ago, Oldkillie said:

Wage thief 

Absolute nonsense thing to say. Regardless of ability, a wage thief is not a term you'd use to describe a player who puts in as much as Rory has consistently through the years. Sometimes I wonder if some characters go to games to support their team or just take their snidey bitterness out on the rest of the planet.

58 minutes ago, skygod said:

His contract is up and, as his family lives in Brighton, the assumption/ rumour/ fact* is that he wants to move closer to them. 

* Delete as appropriate. 

Assumption and an entirely reasonable one to make - just as it is reasonable to assume that a player of Mulumbu's quality will move on in the summer.

McKenzie doesn't owe Killie anything, he has consistently worked hard for the team and has been one of the constants in a time of upheaval. If he leaves then I hope its because we have a replacement of better quality. I hope he does well wherever he goes.