Rory Mckenzie to St johnstone

kfc_superteam

6 hours ago, MrTumnus said:

Disappointed.

He was subbed at half time against Aberdeen, not because of his performance but  because the defence didn't do their job and the manager was forced into changing our system. 

Home grown players now down to Taylor & Boyd ( with Frizzell & Bell getting to make up the numbers on the bench).

He was rotten against Aberdeen. He’s barely featured since despite JJ's dip in form and suspension. He was also someone we would have badged for Brophy's role but didn’t get it when he was injured for the Hibs game. 

The homegrown players I agree is slightly disappointing but at the same time I think there will perhaps be fewer false dawns going forward. It’s been great watching kids come through but too often they are quickly disappearing into football oblivion. To get into the current team they need to be up a level. Perhaps in the past given the poor performances of the first team it’s been too easy to make the jump from development team. 

26 minutes ago, piffer said:

He was rotten against Aberdeen. He’s barely featured since despite JJ's dip in form and suspension. He was also someone we would have badged for Brophy's role but didn’t get it when he was injured for the Hibs game. 

The homegrown players I agree is slightly disappointing but at the same time I think there will perhaps be fewer false dawns going forward. It’s been great watching kids come through but too often they are quickly disappearing into football oblivion. To get into the current team they need to be up a level. Perhaps in the past given the poor performances of the first team it’s been too easy to make the jump from development team. 

Agree on both points.

Would love to see him prove us wrong, and in general, having home grown players coming through is a luxury - would rather have a team that was too good for youngsters to get into than a poor team that they look good in.

I thought he had an excellent game away to Hearts and was one of the better players away to Dundee, prior to the Home match against Aberdeen. Maybe he’s not good enough to hold down a position with our current midfield, but I’d rather have someone with his versatility sitting on the bench than someone who can only play one role. We’ve all seen the damage trying to play square pegs in round holes can do. No telling what our midfield might look like next season either. A bit of continuity wouldn’t go  amiss.

Edited by Zorro

Rory looked a real prospect when he broke through and still does in flashes. The clowns masquerading as his manager over last few years and the club's turmoil did not help his development. Their fault not his that he hasnt fulfilled his potential  Suspect he may flourish at St Johnstone given right environment and coaching. All the best Rory!!

9 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

If Lee McCulloch was still manager I would 100% agree with this.

We will see what happens tomorrow. If Rory isn't in the squad then I think it is all done. If he is in the squad or if he starts then the only reason could be that SC sees him as being able to do same role as Brophy.

If that doesn't happen then I think it is the inevitable thanks and goodbye

He wasnt in the squad for most of december, so not a great indicator. I hope he stays at least until the end of season. If SC can get him playing how he can on a good day then he may be offered a new contract.