Rory Mckenzie to St johnstone

kfc_superteam

• 2 weeks later...

Thats ridiculous that we should want to keep a player who is under contract to us! Seems a strange approach from Wright naming the players he is targetting?Its not that he is the manager of a massive club like the rangers who expect us minnows to bend over and allow them to take our players?  

St Johnstone are on the slide at the moment. Tommy Wright said that they will bring in a few players before Wednesday. I saw Scott Wright at Aberdeen was mentioned. If they get their players they will probably have enough to be competing for the top six. Rory is a strange one, he has picked up in the last few weeks but I still believe he is a championship level player. But you wouldn't want to sell him to a rival, or just let him go! 

7 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Looks like we have offered Rory a 1 year extension . Apparently St J are offering a longer deal . Tommy Wright is pushing for him to go there this month . We would be due 50k or so in that case . Rory has been rumoured there for a while . I don’t know if he wants to leave though tbh .

Do we not have to offer a contract in order to receive compensation?

For some reason this is reminding me of Danny Invincibile. I know he has fans but there hasn’t been a clamour to renew his deal and for most of this 2yr deal he’s in he’s been nothing special a bit up and down. Do we want him here trying to earn a new deal only for him to go back to where he was/is at the moment. Yes it could go the other way but I have my doubts. There is talent there but like O’Hara and others before the change of scenery is probably needed for the player. 

51 minutes ago, piffer said:

For some reason this is reminding me of Danny Invincibile. I know he has fans but there hasn’t been a clamour to renew his deal and for most of this 2yr deal he’s in he’s been nothing special a bit up and down. Do we want him here trying to earn a new deal only for him to go back to where he was/is at the moment. Yes it could go the other way but I have my doubts. There is talent there but like O’Hara and others before the change of scenery is probably needed for the player. 

Like O’Hara, I don’t think a change of scenery was necessary. What they needed was a change of manager. Someone who showed faith in them and played them In a settled position. These guys have been scapegoated for bizarre signing policies and inept management.