St Johnstone midweek off

Squirrelhumper

37 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Will they be able to organise that quickly. Policing /stewarding etc. I thought they would need a few weeks notice 

Not really, you can organise a replay a few days notice.

We would have been at Dingwall tonight had we not got that pen on Saturday.

If we were playing Hamilton next week the crowd wouldn't be above 2k anyway.

On 20/01/2018 at 10:32 AM, Killielad said:

Imagine Albion’s pitch failed an inspection again on Tuesday night (which looks possible) but Rugby Park was still fine for Wednesday night - would the league game be reinstated or would that be too much short notice for fans? 

6F2543B6-B638-4D54-98A7-626CE4A51C23.jpeg

Yer auld da called it. Anyone wants a shot of my crystal ball give me a shout.

Seriously though, this is pretty frustrating. Hoping we can get the Hamilton game rearranged for mid-week next week to hopefully ease the backlog of games as suggested by a few guys on here. 

31 minutes ago, Killielad said:

Yer auld da called it. Anyone wants a shot of my crystal ball give me a shout.

Seriously though, this is pretty frustrating. Hoping we can get the Hamilton game rearranged for mid-week next week to hopefully ease the backlog of games as suggested by a few guys on here. 

That would mean the SFPL listening to the fans............mmmmm

2 hours ago, capitalkillie said:

It's possible they could play Monday then Wednesday. Unlikely but possible.

Precedent: 1991/92. We played meadowbank (league) 24/08. Cowdenbeath (skol) 26th. Hibs (skol) 28th Colins (league) 31st.

Cowdenbeath's tie v Stenny? Caused the problems. It might even have been played on 25th.

3 minutes ago, CB said:

Precedent: 1991/92. We played meadowbank (league) 24/08. Cowdenbeath (skol) 26th. Hibs (skol) 28th Colins (league) 31st.

Cowdenbeath's tie v Stenny? Caused the problems. It might even have been played on 25th.

Did Rangers not have to play a lot of games in a short period of time the year they got to the UEFA cup final. Thinking back though this might have been to give them prep time before the final

55 minutes ago, piffer said:

Did Rangers not have to play a lot of games in a short period of time the year they got to the UEFA cup final. Thinking back though this might have been to give them prep time before the final

I remember them making a fuss that they had to play games, and their opponents didn't in the run up. Unless that was celtic.

3 hours ago, CB said:

I remember them making a fuss that they had to play games, and their opponents didn't in the run up. Unless that was celtic.

Yeah Rangers were asking for a postponement before the UEFA Cup Final to prepare better, which would mean extending the season. Peter Lawwell started going on about sporting integrity being compromised and that was that.

8 hours ago, Fankle said:

Yeah Rangers were asking for a postponement before the UEFA Cup Final to prepare better, which would mean extending the season. Peter Lawwell started going on about sporting integrity being compromised and that was that.

IIRC did they not request to get quite a few games in the first half of that season postponed so they could concentrate on Europe?

It's utterly bonkers that the match tonight should be postponed when the pitch is playable and both teams are available.

It was predictable that Cliftonhill would be unplayable last night but I understand that teams must gear their preparations and arrangements towards a specific day. Perhaps if the replay date had been tonight....

Has the St Johnstone - Accies match next week been officially postponed? I see that Wednesday has been fixed for any replay in the cup tie so Saints are willing to play Monday/ Wednesday in the cup. Would they do it in the Cup/ League though?