Rossco 20/01 Cup Fred

CB

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

No no, that was much later. Right after KO I heard a version of this:

Was sung in 70s at RP. Just because another team use the same tune means nothing unless of course you buy into their view of the world. We used to sing 'Its a grand old team to play for in 60s' Didnt make us tims. Best for me was hearing 'men like Jackie McGrory, boys like Tommy McLean. Soundtrack of my first Killie games. Well done guys. Oh and by the way, the original tune is the England anthem 'Land of Hope and Glory' Does that make us English?

8 minutes ago, Monty1998 said:

Agreed. Don’t care what words are the rest of Scotland won’t see the difference.

Am sure we have plenty of smart musicians in our support who could come up with better. We have 2/3rds of biffy clyro regular visitors, the lads from last years men, the boy who was played at half time today.

instead of some tribute act to the bigots songbook..

Thanks guys exactly what I think and hoped we all wanted 

33 minutes ago, Jimuck said:

That would make it acceptable because it mentions the late great Eddie Morrison??

Its a Rankers song not ours, if you want to sing it hope you are singing it yourself 

Dear oh dear oh dear. Its the words stupid, not the tune. Football teams dont own the tune. Perversely you seem to have the same attitude as the huns that turn up at a Tina Turner gig in Glasgow with 'rankers' scarves on. Simply the best is not a 'rankers' song is it.

2 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Dear oh dear oh dear. Its the words stupid, not the tune. Football teams dont own the tune. Perversely you seem to have the same attitude as the huns that turn up at a Tina Turner gig in Glasgow with 'rankers' scarves on. Simply the best is not a 'rankers' song is it.

3 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

My apologies for appearing stupid to you Cammy I have had a couple of glasses of wine after a long hard week at work 

I still don't get the point your making, can you give you reply but please cut out the insults this time 

I just don't like the song 

45 minutes ago, Monty1998 said:

Agreed. Don’t care what words are the rest of Scotland won’t see the difference.

Am sure we have plenty of smart musicians in our support who could come up with better. We have 2/3rds of biffy clyro regular visitors, the lads from last years men, the boy who was played at half time today.

i can only guess you've only just started going to games because that songs been sung for 40+ year's. 

Forget Rangers ya saddo. Itsa killie song. Has been my full life. Heard it sung in many countries following OUR club.

f**k Rangers 

13 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Suspect he's 12 and past his bed time.

Apologies to you my aged friend. In my time at Rugby Park it’s the first time I’ve heard this and probably not alone in this.

you are correct the tune doesn’t belong to sevconians but to quote a fine gentleman with an affinity to Ayrshire.

” o wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us”

1 hour ago, Monty1998 said:

f**king hell hahahahaha getting biffy clyro to create a killie chant. Nb you

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

i can only guess you've only just started going to games because that songs been sung for 40+ year's. 

Forget Rangers ya saddo. Itsa killie song. Has been my full life. Heard it sung in many countries following OUR club.

f**k Rangers 

First paragraph. No. regular since mid 80’s. Most seasons at least 5 away games also.season ticket early 90’s .

saddo? Because I don’t have the same opinion as you!! Must be great to be you. I haven’t heard it until today. Must’ve been games I missed. 

Yes f@&k Sevco. 

Ps I got a wee badge as well.

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

This.

Jings some Killie fans defo like a seriously good bucket of a Saturday night.

We're in the next round, Let is go FFS. Peace and love man.

Yes we are in the next round. Poor game spoiled by dire Ross County team trying to spoil the game. Think Power was very good and comfortable on the ball. Dicker solid as per. Liked O’Donnell going forward rest of defence not really tested and never looked under pressure. Clean sheet. Can’t ask for much more. 

if someone could provide the words of the song that was sung it would be appreciated.